Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

NXT thoughts- 3/1/11

Tonight is the last episode of the 4th season of NXT. Will it be Brodus Clay or Johnny Curtis who becomes the next WWE Superstar? My thoughts on the show are after the break.

The intros are the first way to kill time this show. No challenges for immunity tonight.


The promos weren't exactly Rock-level (not that I was expecting them to be), but at least Brodus got some boos in playing to the crowd.

Ok match I guess. I'm pretty much burned out on this show.

I liked the Bryan/Bateman segment, as silly as it was. Maybe they can continue this relationship after tonight? After Primo and AJ I'm not holding my breath.

Note that they're not introducing any pros or rookies for Season 5. Is this a sign?

I hope WWE digs up the interviews Cena did where he took shots at The Rock. They weren't WWE.com interviews, but with mainstream newspapers and the like.

The top three titles on Rock's stand are different World Titles. The WWE Undisputed, the WWF, and the WCW Championships.

It's tough for anything on NXT to follow The Rock. Sorry guys.

I wonder who (if anyone) from this match will end up on the main roster in the near (or far) future.

Oh, and Miz really did submit that picture to Twitter.

REALLY killing time here. But the stuff they're recapping is important. I'm still incredibly curious as to what if anything will become of NXT after tonight. I'll have an update in my news post after midnight.

Meh. Hey, maybe the show IS rigged since Curtis had worked dark matches recently.

Decent ending. The energy's really sucked out of this show by now, and I don't see many people caring about Season 5. Particularly since they just casually mentioned it at the end of the show instead of showing us profiles of the upcoming pros and rookies like in finales past. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even know who they were going to use next time! My idea is basically for them to do an abbreviated season. 4 weeks, 3 or 4 rookies. Or better yet, have rookies from previous seasons return for a second chance (Watson, Cannon, O'Neill and Cottonwood leading to a hopefully easy victory for Watson. Every one else from the first two seasons had a shot at the main roster.) After that they'll have Tough Enough, and could put that on in international markets to replace the show.

But that sounds too simple. Maybe the deals they have internationally specify that the show has to be NXT or something. I don't really know. I'll still watch cover the show, somewhat out of a feeling of necessity. If it wasn't giving someone a WWE contract, I'm not so sure that I'd bother. Though I suppose that there could be someone (or more than one someone) who blows me away. I hope so.

Anyway, enough complaints. Here are my rankings for the last week of this season of NXT:
Mid Tier:
1. Johnny Curtis (Last week:1)- Really both of these guys are "upper-mid tier" here I think. Though a lot of it is that I'm really jaded about this show. I think Curtis (and Bateman) is (are) ready for the main roster, but not in any major way. I see them being on Superstars and/or in a tag team. There really isn't much else to say here. Curtis has some good tools; he just needs to expand on what he does with them. He's ok, but needs time and effort to become better than that.

2. Brodus Clay (Last week:3)- Clay didn't bother me as much this week, but didn't do enough to push past Curtis in my book. He also still needs work.

I honestly can't think of anything else to say. I'm unenthusiastic about both of these guys and this show. Maybe better things come about in Season 5, and when (at least Curtis) appears on the main roster.

That's it for my thoughts tonight. I'll have more to say on Superstars and Impact Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment