Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

NXT thoughts- 3/22/11

The journey for redemption continues tonight on NXT Redemption. Who will get one step closer to earning a spot on the 6th season of NXT? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Byron Saxton and Conor O'Brian got a little something different going on tonight as far as ringwear. It helps them stand out more.

Novak has improved on the mic since last season, but that isn't saying much. Byron Saxton has that "it" factor but to a degree so I think they can do something with him.

Not so good from O'Brian. He's not a rat anymore, though.

Titus has improved a bit too, but it's similar to Novak's situation. Even Maryse, with a thick accent, is better at putting together a promo than some of these guys.

I liked Darren's promo but not the delivery. Lucky did much better, but we're still grading on a big curve.

As for the finals, Byron's catching on nicely.

This match was pretty "meh". Both guys have a ways to go to being ready for WWE. That being said, Darren Young did fairly well in tag matches on Superstars, and he's improved since Season 1.

WWE All-Stars coming out right after the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony is genius.

They're really pushing Triple H vs. The Undertaker as the last big step in both men's careers.

I guess Maryse is a tweener now.

I'm not sure what changed Lucky Cannon from his Season 2 self, but I'm glad it happened.

I'm also glad that every rookie will be in the ring this week.

William Regal vs. JTG down the line? I'd be ok with that I guess. The show's filler anyway.

Of COURSE not all the rookies will wrestle this week. Why'd I think that they would?

I'm not sure that I'd be making a Chris Brown reference today. O'Brien and Kozlov were kind of entertaining in a goofy way. WWE's focus is everywhere except this show (outside of recaps).

That Miz title is both hilarious and... not. It's like an optical illusion that we're supposed to think is the title belt upside-down instead of just the logo.

Not a bad match to end the show. Both men have improved in the ring from last time we saw them on NXT. It might be harder to rank everyone this time knowing how they used to be vs. how they are now.

That's it for this edition. I'll be back Thursday for some thoughts on Superstars and Impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment