Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 3/4/11

At WrestleMania 27, Edge will defend his World Heavyweight Championship. His opponent's name is Alberto Del Rio... but you already know that. Tonight WWE makes it official as they sign the contract for the main event. Also tonight, The Undertaker returns to Friday nights. Read on for my thoughts on the show, as it happens.

Nice way to jumpstart the show and reaffirm that McIntyre is a heel (for now at least).

McIntyre looked good here. He continues to move up the ladder, and wasn't hurt by the loss.

Was that the Edgecator he pulled out to get the win!?

I remember Edge vs. Booker T. I think it was WrestleMania 18? There was jealousy over a shampoo commercial involved of all things. Weird times.

Cool entrance by the Dashing one. He reminded me of the Masked Magician a bit there.

Really good creepy promo by Rhodes. I'm liking this change of character.

Hmm, Kane and The Corre against Big Show and Diesel? Or Maybe The Corre versus Kane and Show? If they're going to use Diesel at Mania, they should drop a hint one way or another soon.

Good that WWE is building the Tag Team Titles back up here. I'll give WWE a bye on the whole "Raw stars n Smackdown" thing in this match since it's related to the non-brand-exclusive Tag Titles.

I wonder how many people are crying "racist" at Booker calling Ezekiel a thug. I wonder how many more it would be if it was Cole or Matthews saying it.

Ah yes, King Booker's Court. William Regal and Finlay were his cronies there.

Chett Lemon and Black Snow should call NXT Season 5. It'd almost make it worth it. BUT I'd rather see the show be done seriously and well.

Good that Barrett didn't have to sell the Cobra too much.

Christian being back next week will be cool. I have faith that they'll use him well in this storyline, though I don't expect him to be pushed as World Champion material (as always).

Booker's had feuds with both HHH and Taker, so I hope we gets his insights into both men.

I hope Kane takes issue with the fact that HHH thinks that Taker only has one challenge left.

Good Taker promo, but he doesn't seem as much of a fearsome presence anymore. They kind of toned down the supernatural stuff. It is something fresh though, and I like the entrance music. He's just not the same Deadman.

We could totally use some new faces in the Divas division. AJ, Kaitlyn, and Naomi would be a good start. It might still be a little soon for Kong. This match wasn't that pretty.

Big Show vs. Kane's one of those matches they can always go to when they're on the same show. It's just a natural matchup. How weird is it seeing such a big force as Show being so jovial?

Kane's Chaotic Neutral for sure. I'm curious as to what this all sets up for WrestleMania.

I've heard John Cena compared to Superman, but I don't think I've heard Kane done so. He's more Darkseid I think.

Obviously HHH and HBK weren't friends in those matches. I thought they had an amazing feud.

They're obviously building up Cole vs. Lawler as a big deal. Surely they won't have Miz be the referee there when he's already booked that night?

Great display by Swagger. The image of Michael Cole doing Swagger's moves is potentially hilarious. It actually won't be Cole's first match, though. He once teamed with Jerry Lawler ironically enough in a tag team title match (they lost).

John Cena actually had a rap CD years back before becoming the big star he is now.

"The Sun" in the UK recently reprinted the interview where Cena took shots at The Rock, just in case someone thought that was a work.

That wasn't really a painting was it? If so, that was a lot of work for such a short appearance.

It seems like Del Rio really enjoys being the heel. He's really taken to the persona.

I have no idea if that's really the Mexican national anthem.

I'm thinking that Ricardo Rodriguez goes through the table.

Edge is Canadian, but he's getting USA chants.

Pretty good segment to end the show. Edge and Del Rio's back-and-forth was particularly good. Not the bed I've seen, but good nonetheless.

That's it for tonight. I'll be back to review Raw on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment