Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Superstars and Impact thoughts- 3/17/11

Tonight TNA begins their journey towards Lockdown. How will they build from the change of plans at Victory Road? Also, Hernandez will team with the new Knockout Tag Team Champions against Matt Morgan and the Beautiful People. But first, WWE presents a new edition of Superstars. Read on for my thoughts on tonight's wrestling!

What are the odds that we see Hornswoggle on this show?

JTG vs. Tyler Reks was good. I think Reks still has a ways to go to being a standout on the Smackdown roster, but he's improving. If this show was its own brand (and he'd get to feud with the Raw midcarders instead of the same few opponents), it would both freshen up the show and allow everyone to progress by facing new opponents. But that's a pipe dream.

I know a lot of us don't like things like the Snooki angle, but it's getting quite a bit of press.

No Tamina at ringside?

The Usos really don't have anything to do right now other than occasionally face Santino and Kozlov. Maybe they can feud with R-Truth and Johnny Curtis soon as they get experience before going for the tag team gold.

Oh, I guess Tamina was backstage preparing for her match so she wasn't with Santino and Kozlov earlier. Or maybe figuring out what her entrance music should be.

I'm glad that they're doing away with that TNA belt. The new one's not as good as the one they had before Hardy, but I'll gladly take it over Hardy's version.

If this is Hogan going old-school with no script, I'll take the "robots with no talent".

Bully Ray joining Immortal I'm ok with. He, Hogan, and Sting being the main event picture I'm not as sold on.

At least we're getting the bad promos all over with in one segment. "Terrence". Ugh.

I'd be lying if I said that any of the potential matches coming from that Fatal 4 Way intrigue me.

The cameraman stuff is ridiculous. Just have Angle walking backstage with a present and have the announcers speculate on it.

Alissa Flash! She was pretty good. I'd like to see her back here or in WWE. Probably preferably WWE given how she was just squashed here. I hope it was worth the money.

A title vs. hair match? Sure. Though you'd think a cage match would be enough. Then again, as long as these two have feuded, they need something fresh added to it. And presumably we get some Photoshopped pictures of Mickie bald.

I smell an Anderson heel turn.

This could be funny. I like the silver mic.

Also the fans are supposed to be booing, not saying "Ha-men". Can't TNA dub over the bad crowd?

Catching Pope rigging this backstage is one of the few times the paparazzi cam idea makes sense. They could use Okato for that and keep the rest of the camera work normal.

Nice escape by Pope. That could have been done better but since TNA kind of gets graded on a curve, I won't complain too much.

More tension between the Knockouts. I'm mostly ok with this story because they're not rushing it.

The Jarretts and Angle have been excellent in this storyline. This was a good continuance of that. A red, white, and blue guitar and a cup to block a low blow attempt? I love it. "InsAngle" as he's been called online is the best main event face in TNA right now.

I'm glad they're tying up the loose end on the TV Title, though it's kind of dumb for 3 heels on the same team to go for the gold. Heck, throw in Amazing Red as a "joke" 4th competitor. They could be thinking of something screwy going down in the match, so I'll give it a chance for now.

Gunner, Murphy, and Rob Terry. I don't like any of them much as competitors but I guess this works for the story. At least it's not Matt Hardy (who doesn't need to be champion at this point in his career).

Rob Terry, as the non-tag team guy, should have won here. Are they going to split Gunner and Murphy already? Gunner was impressive, so maybe this will work out. I just wonder what it means for the tag team division.

Weird music for these two.

I wonder if we'll get a new LAX out of this angle. I'd be fine with that.

Kudos to TNA for giving this match a lot of time. I think they could have given other things a little more time and this match wouldn't have been worse off for it.

How many lineup changes has Immortal had?

Here we go again. A tie between RVD and Anderson.

Now THAT'S when you do a TNA chant.

A hell of a show-closing angle, though you'd think that it would involve Tommy Dreamer or Brother Devon instead of AJ. I guess they're combining that story with the the Immortal story and we'll see Devon join Fortune for Lethal Lockdown? I'm willing to give this a chance.

And that's a wrap. I'll be back to give my thoughts on Smackdown tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment