Total Pageviews

Friday, June 13, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/12/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
I think they're doing a good job of putting heat on MVP as the corrupt authority figure and EY looks like a fighting champion.

Wow. Way to beat the champion clean and decisively. It made sense to put the odds against EY where he has to win the other two matches and to keep Lashley strong, but there had to be a better way to do that.

I continue to think TNA's conflicted on how much they want to push EY. They'll have him win important matches clean, then he'll play second fiddle to Bully Ray or, in this case, Samoa Joe.

Ahh, Willow. I think he should be put in the asylum with Shaw while they psychoanalyze his need to be a weird alter ego.

The stage is set for EY to make a big comeback tonight. Or for the focus to be shifted to other names like Joe and Bully Ray.

I'm glad they're bringing Abyss back to feud with Magnus and Bram. It makes sense given where we last saw Abyss. The Willow/Hardy stuff continues to be weird. I hope they don't do a random turn in this angle.

EC3 is a highlight of TNA for sure. I'd personally like him to get the win on Sunday.

It's matches/segments like this that make me excited for the upcoming TNA liquidation sale. It will be pretty cool to have a turnbuckle pad or something to prove to future generations TNA somehow made it to 12 years.

I'd love to sit in on a TNA creative team meeting when they pitch something like The Menagerie.

At least EC3 and Spud were pretty enjoyable here. It's weird for Bully to be used as a face after all he did in Aces and Eights. I think it was kind of a contradiction of character for Bully to hug her. Yes, he's a face now, but he's still a douchebag bully.

I like Kenny King a lot. I wish he was X-Division Champion.

So-so match between EY and King. They both worked hard; it just didn't really click as well as it should have.

I couldn't care much less who the Knockouts Champion is. At least ODB's out of the picture, though.

I hope the medical person turns heel on EY tonight. If TNA's going to be a trainwreck, let's make it a big one.

Now THIS segment/match was a trainwreck. TNA advanced Madison/Brittany and the Beautiful People as heels while having Gail get the surprise win to face the champion in a match with very little heat. I hope this all leads to Brittany making Madison be in a relationship with her in order to have a chance at the Knockouts' Title.

TNA should also turn the roaming cameraperson into a character. Just KO someone with the camera backstage. If TNA's going to have such an unnecessary plot device, go all out with it. Heck, have a cameraman vs. cameraman feud. Or maybe a cameraman vs. a ref?

If people actually admitted to watching TNA, I'd hope there'd be complaints about "Super EY" like there are about Cena overcoming the odds.

I enjoyed MVP's beatdown of Eric. He's a pretty good character as a heel and I've missed him in WWE.

I'm guessing EY will either win via elbow drop from the top of the cage or a super piledriver or something.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment