Total Pageviews

Friday, June 6, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/5/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.







I was pretty into the opening segment. It makes sense for MVP to abuse his power in that way, and Joe vs. Aries should be pretty amazing.

I'm interested in where things are going with Bram and Magnus. I think I can get behind Magnus as a face again if that's where TNA's going.

So much for Magnus turning face. Russo loves to do these "you thought he was turning face, BUT HE ISN'T" kind of things. It makes for a mess of a show. TNA as a whole has really let the fans down with how often babyfaces (or potential babyfaces) come up short somehow.

I can't be the only one who wants Abyss to help Willow out against Bram and Magnus after Magnus fired Abyss.

Davey vs. Eddie could be pretty good given their athletic abilities.

I find it hard to get behind Anderson as a babyface a lot of times because even as a face, he's generally obnoxious and heelish.

That match was actually kind of dull. I'm glad they addressed the fact where they could just pull a Fingerpoke of Doom or something and call it a night.

Fine post-match. I hope we do eventually see Davey vs. Eddie in TNA, so I can see what all the fuss is about.

I got a kick out of MVP vs. Dixie, but I couldn't care much less since it's not like they'll have a match. Where the hell is Eric Young tonight?

I would not be shocked at all if Brittany turned heel and joined the BPs. Then Madison turns and joins the BP herself, leading to Brittany working with Gail and ODB or whomever. There's no telling with TNA.

Maybe Robbie needs to go to the institution with Shaw to get over his fear of clowns?

Good stuff with Joe and Aries. How long will the loser really be gone, though?

For as much heat as WWE gets for being a soap opera variety show, I think that's really starting to describe TNA more and more as well.

We finally see the TNA Champion tonight. Young and Bully are in the two top-billed matches for Slammiversary and they're just now on the show?

You are now aware more people in the U.S. are watching Samuel Shaw and Gunner than watched NXT Takeover last week.

If I'm MVP, I'd try to fire Joe AND Aries after that one. Maybe EY and Bully, too. The action was really good for what that's worth. Maybe it will land Joe and Aries some good indie bookings once TNA folds.

Tension between MVP and King, too? This show's fascinating from a "how many actual and teased turns will there be?" perspective. Russo clearly believes in shades of gray more than heels vs. babyfaces.

Storm vs. Anderson was fun to watch from a standpoint of how silly it was. I think a lot of people in TNA have just given up from a creative standpoint.

I'm actually kind of interested in how TNA will handle Shaw's mental illness here.

I see Shaw playing Gunner for a sucker so he can get out.

Meh. I've seen worse Knockouts matches. I hope TNA does a four-way at Slammiversary where each person wins a key to one of four random boxes. The Knockouts' Title is in one of the boxes. The other boxes are for: leader of the Beautiful People, a date with Madison and $25,000. Then the next episode of Impact is built on who will get which box. If these are going to be the last few months of TNA on Spike, they should have throwbacks to classic TNA concepts.

I can only imagine what crazy ending they'll have to the first blood match. My pick? MVP had a bloody towel under the ring and throws it at one of the babyfaces when the ref is distracted. The ref sees the face with the towel and assumes he's been bleeding, so the heels win. There's also the classic TNA endings of someone getting a cut on their arm leading to the end and someone getting their bleeding stopped while the ref isn't looking so the other person can be busted open.

It's a shame TNA can't bring back Cute Kip for this angle. What about Winter? They could have her drug Angelina again.

Good action in the main event. I liked the ending.

That ending segment was a great segue to MVP vs. Dixie at Slammiversary. Wait. This show really is a complete mess.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment