Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 6/6/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
Good of WWE to look back at Payback and Raw to set up what's going on tonight. TNA's been pretty good at opening videos lately, too.

I enjoyed the opening segment. I really hope this is a sign WWE's going to push Rollins as a big star. Ziggler deserves to be brought up the ranks as well. It was smart to use the guys who are already over in HHH, Orton and Batista to elevate some really talented guys. Especially given Batista's schedule and HHH being a part-time wrestler himself.

Rollins vs. Ziggler was a really impressive match. Both men can really "go" in the ring. I think there's still a place for bigger "power wrestlers" to do their thing, but it's also cool to see what the smaller guys bring to the table.

Good promo from Barrett. WWE's doing a good job of getting behind him.

Yeah, I'm not really excited about another round of Show vs. Orton. The story's good and it makes sense for Show as a higher-level babyface, but I've seen more than enough of Show.

Good enough tag match between the Usos and Rybaxel. It seemed like WWE was building Rybaxel to a degree with the wins over Goldust and his partners, but it looks like that's not going but so far.

I continue to enjoy Lana's act of getting heat on Rusev.

Rusev's really picking up steam here. I could see him taking the U.S. Title from Sheamus.

Good post-match to keep elevating Rusev. I hope he can deliver in longer matches.

Good promo from Paul Heyman. Cesaro's a guy I really hope to see succeed.

I really liked the triple threat for the IC Title. Everyone in that match can really do good things from an in-ring standpoint.

Bray Wyatt has the most compelling promos in wrestling. Probably because his character is more than "I'm going to beat you." and that kind of stuff.

I'm glad NXT's getting some love on the main roster. If WWE didn't put so much time into things like El Torito vs. Hornswoggle, we could see performances like we see down there.

Alicia continues to be entertaining from a "what the heck am I watching?" standpoint. Dare I say she's doing "crazy" better than AJ did? The action itself was really good.

Alicia's craziness continues with the post-match. Fine by me. Is she going to challenge Paige again? Remember always wins and losses aren't everything.

Bo Dallas knows how to succeed in life.

I like Bo vs. Santino well enough as a low-level comedy match. Bo's still got a long road ahead to really "make it" in WWE, but he's doing well for where he is now.

I loved the post-match. For whatever reason, Bo's gimmick really cracks me up.

Good Show promo. I hope he eats an RKO or two, though. Then takes a Black Out from Rollins.

Good Orton promo as well. I'm glad we're getting more promos and exposition instead of just match after match after match.

I wasn't too crazy about Orton vs. Big Show. Orton's a good technician, but you can only get so much out of a Big Show match in 2014.

Good post-match to continue the elevation of Rollins as a heel. I hope he really strives in this role.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment