Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 21, 2014

TNA touts new champion, provider not airing WWE PPV?, Interviews with Bully Ray/Kizarny, Impact audience and Questions on Punk in 2K15, ECW's legacy, the WWE HoF, NXT and Lashley

TNA put out a press release on its new World Heavyweight Champion, Bobby Lashley. I'm more than OK with them rolling the dice with Lashley as champ. I hope it leads to something interesting, as things have been rather lackluster in TNA for a while.

AT&T U-verse is not listing Money In The Bank as airing, despite showing Slammiversary. You know who is showing it for cheaper than they would? The WWE Network. Get signed up if you haven't already.

Because this is where journalism is in 2014, Bully Ray talked about Mae Young passing gas. There's also some stuff about his injury history.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

The latest edition of "On Your Mark" features the former Kizarny. I wouldn't have recognized him as Kizarny in that appearance. This show is quickly becoming one of my favorite things in wrestling.


Impact's audience on Thursday was 1.33 million, the biggest number since Eric Young's title win. This was the show after Slammiversary with some pretty big happenings, so TNA got the attention they wanted. I hope fans give the new direction a chance because it seems like TNA's committed to shaking things up.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I would think the roster has been finalized by now, but I could be wrong. They've had people in the games after their contracts have ended before due to the long time to make the games. I'm sure WWE would love to make money off his likeness!

2. I could see it happening down the line. I don't know if WWE sees ECW as as much of a priority as the old ECW fanbase does. Unless they run Mania in Philly, I don't know if they'd do an ECW-themed class. They didn't do a WCW-themed class in Atlanta.

3. It's all a matter of who's considered for the Hall of Fame at the time they're making the decisions! There's no objective selection process.

4. Sadly not on TV! I hope we see him again soon. Neville vs. Graves would be great given their history.

5. WWE owns ECW and can do whatever they want with it. If they say the title Lashley held is the ECW Title, it's the ECW Title. But as was said, RVD did it first. He's another guy who was only ECW Champion in WWE's ECW.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment