Total Pageviews

Friday, June 27, 2014

Query on Lei'D Tapa in WWE, Hogan endorsement, TNA in NYC notes, a new way to watch the WWE Network, WWE special airing on Monday and Questions on The Shield split, Total Divas, Reby-TNA, female wrestlers in ROH and FCW on the WWE Network

First up, a query:
1. I haven't seen anything about former TNA talent Lei'D Tapa working as a Rosebud in WWE. The former Rosita, on the other hand, had that honor recently.

Hulk Hogan endorsed Team USA in the World Cup, drawing international coverage. Slow news day in the wrestling world.

TNA made use of the in-house production staff at the Manhattan Center for their recent Impact tapings. I wonder if TNA would run there regularly should they be unable to do a lot in Universal Studios.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

TNA had bleachers in the Manhattan Center under balconies to make things look fuller for television. That's smart!

TNA might have fewer backstage segments in the future, possibly to combat the live audience not knowing what's going in because those segments are added in later. It doesn't make a huge difference to me, but I can see why they'd want to do more stuff in front of the crowd.

Mike Tenay and Taz will be adding commentary to the NYC tapings in post-production, so Tenay wasn't there. That's pretty weird. Having the announcing team there has been kind of a staple of things.

The Great Muta wasn't originally scheduled to wrestle, but decided he wanted to, so TNA added him in a match. That's cool I guess.

Bully Ray, Tommy Dreamer, Al Snow and Pat Kenney (Simon Diamond) all worked as producers for the NYC TNA tapings. It will be interesting to see if Bully takes a behind-the-scenes role once his current deal expires. How much will TNA be willing to pay him on his next deal?

Abyss and Samoa Joe were at the NYC tapings, but not used for at least one of them. That's kind of odd. TNA's hot and cold on them at times.

The six-sided ring TNA used was brand new. The previous ones had been repurposed into four-sided rings. I hope the fans appreciate the change to that ring.

There were estimated to be fewer than 650 fans at the first NYC taping. That's really not that good. Things are expected to be better for the other tapings. I hope so!

A number of students from Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore helped out in various capacities. That's pretty cool for them to learn other aspects of the business.

The WWE Network has launched on Amazon Fire. I hope that helps subscription numbers.

WWE's special on the Special Olympics airs on Monday before Raw. I wonder what the people there think about the Eugene character.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Actually that would make sense in some ways as far as it being a covert operation to bring down The Authority. But I don't know if WWE should go in that direction. I really doubt that's what they had in mind.

2. I definitely think "Total Divas" has helped both be relevant in WWE. I don't know if Eva Marie would have been hired in the first place without the show.

3. No plans that I've heard of. So far, Matt's just there for the NYC tapings. It might not be a long-term thing, in other words.

4. They only have so much TV time to get over the stars they have now. I think if they were to have a two-hour show, they could expand to include a female division, but I don't really see it happening before then.

5. I could see them adding FCW stuff down the line. I don't know if there'd be a huge demand for it, but it could be worth looking into.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment