Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 6/13/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
I liked the opening segment as far as getting the story to a new place for tonight. In particular I liked how they just used HHH to set up tonight's matches instead of him coming down and burying any future main eventers. I'm guessing Reigns gets in MITB and Ambrose faces Rollins?

Reigns vs. Barrett was a pretty good match. I liked the ending as far as building Reigns strong without the IC Champ losing clean.

Reigns is an absolute beast for that post-match. 3MB just got wrecked.

Rowan was pretty impressive in taking out Jey there. I'm picturing Bray as WWE Champ and Harper/Rowan as Tag Champs. I don't know if that's in the books, but it could be pretty great.

Funny stuff from Bo. It took him a while to get into this character, but he's making the most of it.

Not a bad match between Bo and R-Truth. I don't expect Dallas to become a top technical wrestler anytime in the near future. He's a good low-level performer for now, though.

Good post-match to keep the Bo gimmick going.

This could be pretty good. I'm liking the Heyman/Cesaro pairing, even counting the criticism of too much attention put on Brock.

I liked Sheamus vs. Cesaro a good deal. They can really work together well. I hope both have bright futures in WWE.

I continue to love Bray's spooky, cult leader-esque promos. He's one of the most memorable characters in years.

Rose vs. Fandango was OK for a comedy match. Both men can work (especially Fandango), but right now they're used more for comedy stuff.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone posed as a Rosebud. I'm not a huge fan of this feud, but at least it's not something about "Total Divas".

They obviously like Big E more than Swagger if they're going to put him over despite Rusev's interference giving him an out to lose. Swagger's a talented athlete, but I don't have a problem with WWE seeing what they've got in Big E.

That was a heck of an effort by Aksana in her last WWE match. I wish she would have shown that fire sooner. Alicia winning and staying in the company was the right move. I hope she continues to turn heads. I don't know much mileage she can get out of her current character, but maybe it'll be just enough?

Good post-match to continue the "crazy Alicia" angle. It does seem out-of-nowhere, but she's working hard to make it work.

Great main event! Wyatt and Ambrose told a story through the intense action they brought. I do think they're going too far with how much punishment they're doing to their bodies, but they both continue to be really impressive. The use of Rollins was well done.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment