Total Pageviews

Friday, June 13, 2014

Next NXT special update, more WWE Network ideas, TNA-ROH rumor update and Questions on Jarrett in the HoF, U.S.-only contests, Brie vs. Steph, live Smackdowns and winning MITB

NXT could have another live special in September. After their June 12th set of tapings, there isn't another one set until July 31. I think I might be itching for another big show by then.

WWE Network is considering more themed weeks like what was done for Warrior. I think the Network's still in its early stages in some ways as far as what it will eventually become. They have a LOT of content. They just need to figure out how to best use it. Some themed weeks would make sense.

TNA reached out to former X-Division Champion Jay Lethal to work Destination X, but due to his ROH contract, he can't do so. Someone else in TNA, independently of management, reached out to the current ROH Tag Team Champions ReDragon. They are also unable to work the show. As much as some of us want to see TNA vs. ROH matches, I don't see it happening anytime soon. There'd have to be some serious legal wrangling for a talent to appear on TV for the other company given the nature of their contracts.

Everything else from yesterday other than WWE's releases (to be covered in a separate post) is after the break.
For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Firstly, GFW hasn't even had a real show yet. I hope it's successful and Jarrett has big ideas, but it's not even in the league of ROH or DGUSA yet as far as what's actually been produced. Anyway, I definitely think Jarrett belongs in the H-A-Double-L O-Double-F-A-M-E for the reasons mentioned. He's had a lot of years in this business. I don't see it happening while he's tied up with another wrestling company, though. Not to mention what went down in 1999. Also I completely agree the Jarrett family should have been the first inductees in TNA's Hall of Fame.

2. I think if you had a U.S. PO Box, you might be OK? Otherwise, I don't think there's a way to get in.

3. Absolutely! That would be an attraction for a PPV for sure. Remember not everyone watches to see former indy names go for five-star matches.

4. Is this NBCUInsider I stumbled upon? It probably isn't as simple as it's made out here (when is it ever?). While this would eliminate three-hour Raws, it would make for four hours spread over two days. So it could still be taxing to watch. I personally don't like the idea of both major shows being five days away from the PPV with no breathing room between them, either. Would WWE and NBCU make their money back from the venture? Maybe. But I don't know if it'd be something they'd consider. Smackdown would have to be rebuilt as must-see TV on the level of Raw.

5. I'd love to see Wyatt win it, personally. It should definitely be a heel to set up Bryan taking it back when he returns, and Bryan vs. Wyatt again would be great. I don't have a problem with Kane winning. I'm not sure why others do. It would just be for a few months before Bryan takes it back. But I'd love to see Wyatt as the champ as well and new blood in the title picture would be great.

A post covering yesterday's WWE releases is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment