Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Raw Reax - 6/23/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I have a ton of respect for what Vickie's done for herself and for WWE after her husband's passing, but should the opening segment for a go-home show be centered on two non-wrestlers competing? Also, I'm not a big fan of them going all edgy and insider with promos lately. That's apparently what some fans really want, but it feels kind of cheap.

Fine opening match, but really short. Long talking segments seem to take precedence in both WWE and TNA. Part of what got people so excited for the most recent Impact was them cutting back on talking in favor of a lot of action.

I liked the post-match for getting over the tenacity of the Usos.

Good, mostly brief match between Rowan and Uso #2. I assume they'll get more time at the PPV.

I liked the post-match segment for the Wyatts. They definitely look like threats in their respective matches.

It will be interesting to see what Bryan does on the kickoff show. I'm guessing he might just be there to stay in fans' minds while he recovers.

Pretty good segment with Rusev and Lana. I'm glad they get consistent character development.

Good enough Divas' match to keep the Funkadactyls/Paige feud going. Alicia's in an odd place now that her feud's over.

Paige vs. Naomi vs. Cameron would be my pick for MITB. Good post-match to keep things going.

Good stuff from Roman. Sheamus wasn't bad. I hope WWE doesn't try to make Roman a goofball smiling face.

Funny promo from Bo. I don't think Titus is getting "buried" per se, but he's definitely on a losing streak.

Titus vs. Bo was OK as a match. Neither of them are renowned for their technical abilities at this stage (and I don't see that changing).

Silly post-match. Bo's pretty funny.

WWE definitely put all their top contenders in the other ladder match. I don't think Kofi, Swagger or Ziggler are believable to win it given how they've been booked. HHH loves taking jabs at RVD. The Rollins/RVD part of the promo was pretty good. I'm glad RVD got a good promo for once. I think I've seen enough Authority promos for a while.

Rollins vs. RVD was quite the solid match. It made sense to protect Rollins and not have RVD get the win as a part-timer.

I really liked the post-match. Rollins vs. Ambrose has been pretty fun.

Interesting developments between Rollins and HHH.

Way to throw Ziggler under a bus. When they constantly devalue superstars, how do they expect fans to get excited when those stars are announced for big matches like MITB? The dig at the Redskins was pretty funny, though.

Ziggler vs. Barrett was a really good match. I didn't have any expectation for there to be a title change.

Good segment with Vickie and Orton. It's kind of weird we're supposed to be pulling for Vickie here.

Good match set for Main Event.

I wasn't too crazy to see Vickie vs. Stephanie before that stipulation. Now I really don't want to see it at all. 

I wish I could totally forget that entire segment. Ouch. I wish Vickie the best post-WWE and this all made sense for the characters involved, but this is the kind of garbage that makes it hard to defend watching wrestling.

I liked the Goldust/Stardust segment. This wouldn't be my first idea for Cody, but I think it's going well so far.

I think the Zeb/Swagger act needs something new added to it. They've been doing the same thing for a while now.

I expected Kofi to win there. Swagger doing so was a nice surprise. Both men are talented, but are pretty low on the totem pole after so long being booked as unimportant.

I guess Cameron will turn heel at MITB or shortly thereafter. THEN we'll get the triple threat.

That was a good segment with Del Rio and Cesaro. I feel like they keep teasing a Cesaro face turn. I don't think it's time quite yet.

Another edgy line in a promo. It feels kind of forced. I like Sandow, but his glory days are definitely currently behind him.

Another quick loss for Sandow. At least this one helped Big E get further over.

I liked the Rusev/Big E segment. I definitely wouldn't mind another big match between them.

I've heard worse Cena promos. I'm glad he was kept to a short segment tonight. This is progress.

That was a pretty good main event. Everyone in there did some good stuff.

I'm glad Kane was added to the match. That should be fun.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment