Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Main Event Reax - 6/3/14, what happened after Raw, more Pro Wrestling 101, Interviews with Daivari/HBK, more on Rollins, Bryan update, Raw audience, WWE offers valuable service to former employees and Questions on Sandow, Brie vs. Stephanie, Styles in WWE, uncut shows and having one physical title

Main Event:
Barrett laid it in pretty rough on RVD there. I don't really expect Van Dam to get his heat back with a win, either.

At least Cody and Goldust are still cordial. I wonder if Dusty will come back to make peace between the two sides?

Goldust's teaming with Kofi? Doesn't he want to win?

That was a pretty darn good tag match. Kofi and Goldust both pulled off some impressive moves. It's amazing to see this level of athleticism from Goldust after his dismal TNA run years back.

That was a pretty good promo from Van Dam.

Pretty damn good match between Barrett and Van Dam. I think Cesaro's interference took away from it a little bit, but I was impressed by the action.

I can easily see Barrett, Cesaro and RVD in Money In The Bank. But a feud for the title works, too.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
After Raw, Seth Rollins continued to solidify his new alliance with HHH and Orton. Cena then beat Wyatt in the post-match with an AA. I don't know how it would make a ton of sense, but I could see Bray becoming a babyface with the crowd reactions he's getting.

Justin Credible talked about the importance of managers and valets. It's a delicate balance for getting heat for the wrestler and not the manager/valet.

Daivari was interviewed about a number of topics in a kayfabe sketch. This is the first I've seen of this series, but I'm definitely watching the rest.

Seth Rollins' heel turn has gotten a lot of mileage on the Internet. His name was trending well into Tuesday morning. I hope WWE gets the most out of this for everyone involved. I'm a big fan of Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns and think they could all have great futures.

Update: Rollins' heel turn wasn't mentioned in the script in order to prevent leaks. It's a shame that's necessary. It was a cool surprise, but will it make sense?

Shawn Michaels talked about why he's staying retired after his WM26 loss to The Undertaker. I wonder how much longer it will be until Taker's giving the same kind of speech?

WWE originally expected Daniel Bryan back in action by the Money In The Bank PPV, but now that's more up in the air. If he can't compete then, the plan is indeed to use the MITB match to declare a new champion.

Update: WWE is booking Bryan for dates in July. I hope they don't rush him back before he's ready.

Raw's audience on Monday was 4.15 million, a sizable jump from the previous week. That's a good sign after a really good PPV.

WWE is now offering free financial planning assistance, debt assistance and college scholarships to former contracted talents. That's huge! I think that's great for helping talents whose WWE dreams didn't work out like they anticipated.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I don't know why Sandow's WWE's latest whipping boy. Every so often they seem to pick someone to be the butt of jokes and "testing" by the company. It really is like the stereotypical fraternity at times. I suppose it's possible this is his idea to get featured, but it's up in the air. My "devil's advocate" answer is WWE's just booking him to get a pop for him getting KO'd or whatever. I've seen WWE referred to as a variety show and this booking reflects that vision.

2. Ehhhh. Not feeling it. It makes sense from a kayfabe perspective, but a non-wrestler and a Diva feuding for the top title in the company doesn't sit well with me. The title is a prop, though, since the business is a work. I know people hate hearing that, but it's true. I'll add that it's a very important prop and should be protected, though.

3. Yeah, I don't know if there's enough demand for it.

4. GET READY TO FLY be disappointed. I don't see WWE wanting to "retool" a 37-year-old AJ to fit what they want when they can build younger wrestlers from scratch. I suspect Styles will remain in the indies/overseas.

5. I think WWE's set in its ways for now as far as that's concerned. I do wonder if they'll do the idea of a ladder match with both physical titles where one person walks out with one title and one walks out with the other. It's a pretty obvious suggestion.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment