Total Pageviews

Monday, June 16, 2014

TNA Slammiversary Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Slammiversary PPV.

I wonder who's on the TNA Board of Directors. "Big" John Gaburick? The Carter family?

Big clustermess before the first match. A fitting tribute to 12 years of TNA after their very first event was botched due to a ring rope breaking.

The opening match was good as far as demolition derbies go. Hardcore spotfests are a TNA signature.

Not a bad MVP promo segment. Hopefully the whole night isn't shots at the Cowboys.

Lashley and Joe had good action. The ending was really weak. Another pretty consistent theme for TNA's history.

I'm all for Heel Dixie continuing to run TNA into the ground. She's a highlight of the product.

Another crazy pre-match. It feels like they're stalling for time tonight.

Very fun match from a lolTNA standpoint. Complete clustermess where the in-ring action was secondary to the people not actually in the match. The wrestlers here are talented, but they're put into odd booking that can be hard to follow.

Does this mean Team 3D's hanging things up after the Hall of Fame induction? I think I'd be OK with that. You can only bring a team back together so many times. I'd like to see a brief WWE run, but I'd also be OK with them finishing things up this way.

Good promo from EC3. I hope he beats Team 3D AND Tommy Dreamer in NYC.

Really solid match between Aries and King. There are definitely still talented performers in TNA.

Entertaining stuff from the Bro-Mans to the Von Erichs. They make good, effective heels.

A DQ finish was fine here to protect the active TNA roster members.

I figured that would happen after the DQ. Great way to pop the Dallas crowd.

Clever promo from the Beautiful People.

I missed TNA's overbooked PPV finishes. There's something oddly endearing about them. Unless this is setting up a referee feud, the whole thing feels pretty stupid and pointless. But there's no use telling TNA how to do things now. They've built themselves up for 12 years doing this kind of crazy stuff.

I think Devon's promo here is foreshadowing for something important. Him BSing about leaving in order to turn on Bully tonight would be pretty funny.

EC3 is one of the few wrestlers in TNA I really want to see succeed at a high level. I also liked the Stan Hansen nod from Bully.

I thought there was some pretty good action with EC3 vs. Bully. Not at the level of some of Bully's other big hardcore matches, but I think both men did a pretty good job. The ending is pretty much what I would have done, though I would balance out the big heel win here with more face moments.

Fine enough pre-match with Anderson and Storm. I seem to remember Anderson was once a good promo guy, but that was some time ago.

Silly match between Storm and Anderson, but if you're going to have a tribute to 12 years of TNA, it makes sense to do something with celebrities helping beat a wrestler.

Not too great of a promo before the main event. EY at this stage just doesn't feel like a top guy worthy of being World Champion. A pretty good wrestler, but not a top guy.

Pretty good main event, all things considered. The way they wrote Lashley out of the match was a little silly, but it made sense. Everyone delivered good physicality, for sure.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment