Total Pageviews

Friday, June 20, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/19/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

That was a pretty hot opening to follow up on Slammiversary! After the criticism that TNA is just a ton of talking these days, it's good to get into some action early.

That was a good match while it lasted. Both men competed like something really important was on the line and every move mattered, which was nice.

Great segment to get heat on MVP and his group. They're really swinging for the fences tonight.

Good Dixie segment as well. I still think she goes through a table in NYC.

I liked the EY segment. They're finally booking him as a character I can get behind. I haven't been a fan of him for quite a while, especially as a top guy, but they're starting to change my opinion of him.

Very good match for the tag team titles. TNA has some performers who can really turn it up when given a chance.

I wonder if MVP will try to force Lashley to give him the title if Lashley beats EY tonight. That would presumably mean the end of MVP's faction.

I'd be fine with Magnus and Bram as champs. This episode's going pretty well.

Tommy Dreamer is one of the best pure babyfaces in the business. I really liked that segment.

I'm surprised Angle's even here given his injury. I think he's still got a ways before he'll be cleared to compete.

HOLY #&$%. I didn't expect a chair shot to the face in 2014. The match itself was pretty good and it presumably sets up a rematch.

So that's all it took to save TNA's tag team division. They finally have something interesting going on there.

Good MVP/Hebner segment to follow up on the firing. MVP makes for quite the heel (not that I'm surprised after his work in WWE).

I don't know if we needed another segment with Magnus, Bram, Abyss and Willow tonight, but it was good.

That was a pretty good segment to bring back Taryn as an instant face. Good job.

I wonder how long it will be before Angle gets back in the ring. This could be the last year we see him in TNA.

Pretty good MVP/Borash segment. TNA's really turning a corner tonight.

I was a little disappointed with the anti-climactic end to EY's title reign. The match itself was too short for my liking. I'm more than OK with TNA trying something new, so I hope this works for them.

Good ending. I'm glad Roode's back on TV.

This was a show to check out, for sure. More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment