Total Pageviews

Friday, June 27, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/26/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I wonder if Vince wishes Lashley was WWE Champion in Daniel Bryan's place.

Not a bad opening tag match at all. I'm glad they didn't kill Taryn's momentum or tease dissension with Gail in her first match back.

I wonder what Dixie's got up her sleeve now.

Wow. MVP's group looked like cowards running from a 3-on-2 advantage (and one of those two had his arm in a sling). Roode should have had a chair or something to make it more even.

It's probably a good move to replace MVP at the top. TNA's really been in a slump since his heel turn.

I mostly liked the X-Division segment backstage. At least they got some characterization.

As much as I love Dixie as a heel, it's going to be seen as a step back if she's back in charge. Tommy Dreamer running the show would be an interesting change of pace, especially going into the NYC tapings.

The setup for the X-Division Title match felt a little forced. But I'm glad it got some hype.

Bleh. Another flippy sh*t match. There's a reason these guys aren't headlining the show.

Rockstar Spud has gotten much further in this role than he ever did as a serious wrestler. I like his role a good deal.

I couldn't care less about MVP vs. Dixie. I think I'd rather have them on the same side despite them feuding previously. This is taking up way too much time.

Monster's Ball used to be a really big deal, but now it's just another attempt to pop a rating. It shouldn't be written off as something Bram and Magnus aren't worried about.

Bully Ray's not the new director of operations, is he? That sounds terrible. They're building Dixie going through a table as a big deal, for what that's worth.

Storm vs. Anderson was fine. I wonder if either man will be TNA Champion again anytime soon.

Shaw's going to turn on Gunner so hard. I could easily see Gunner as TNA Champion after BFG. Losing to Shaw would hurt that momentum.

Storm beating Sanada for the title to challenge Lashley would be interesting. I think I'd be OK with it.

Pretty intense fight from EC3 and Dreamer. I'd be OK with EC3 beating Dreamer in a hardcore match.

I'm not a big fan of Willow, so that segment didn't do much for me.

I'm trying to think of a lolTNA-worthy swerve for the new boss of TNA. Eric Bischoff? Joseph Park?

I figured there'd be more focus on the new TNA Champion tonight. I also expected dissension between MVP's group tonight, but I'm fine with them being on the same page.

Dear God. That was a pretty brutal match. TNA likes big hardcore bumps. I was mostly OK with it tonight. It probably won't mean much of anything going forward, though.

That was a pretty good ending segment. It looks like TNA's got a good foundation started for a new direction. We'll see how it plays out.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment