Total Pageviews

Friday, June 20, 2014

Superstars and NXT Reax - 6/19/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and NXT.

Superstars:
I liked Alicia vs. Nikki well enough. I'm guessing Alicia's done as challenger to Paige. They're moving her out of looking like a contender.

Funny enough post-match. I wonder how long before Alicia randomly stops being crazy.

Kind of a weird segment with Zeb and Swagger. I guess there was only so much to work with due to RVD not being from another country! I do think Zeb's overshadowing Swagger here, as much as I'm generally entertained by Zeb's crazy promos.

I was really impressed with Swagger's performance there. RVD, as always, did good things in the ring. He's a great worker to have on hand when they need a big performance.

NXT:
Tyson's slow heel turn is very intriguing. Imagine if WWE gave more time to getting over undercard performers on the main roster instead of so many Cena/Authority promos and long comedy segments.

I liked the opening contest. Sasha's improving as a worker, for sure, and I like what I'm seeing so far from Alexa. The BFF breakup could be pretty fun.
 
I'm curious to see how Summer would do as a face past what we've seen on the main roster.

I don't think I've ever seen Tyson and Natalya this compelling as characters. I like it.

Gotch and English could be a pretty fun pairing.

I'm still not really sold on Mojo Rawley. I don't know what it is about him, but I'm not seeing much reason to get behind him. I liked what we saw from Dylan, though.

Good segment with Sami and Tyson. Them working together should be fun.

CJ Parker's just kind of hanging around at this point.

I wonder how long it will be before Tyler Breeze challenges Neville? He's also treading water a bit.

Impressive debut for the Vaudevillians! I'm excited for them continuing to grow as wrestlers.

Yes! I can't wait for Enzo to return. Big Cass is OK on his own, but having Enzo with him really adds a lot.

RVD vs. Neville could really be amazing. I'm glad they didn't waste a ton of time on RVD tonight since the show's ultimately about helping the younger guys reach a new level.

I liked Kalisto vs. Tyler Breeze pretty well. Kalisto's already impressing me. His pre-WWE experience has definitely helped him. Breeze continues to improve. I have high hopes for him down the line. There's still time before he should be in talks to go to the main roster, though.

I pretty much expected Tyson to walk out like that, but it was still really good. Tyson vs. Zayn should be one hell of a match. Zayn's at the top of the list to go to the main roster for me. The Ascension are getting there.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment