Total Pageviews

Monday, July 7, 2014

Cena replaced on big tour, top indy name to WWE?, WWE live event note and Questions on Leo Kruger, Lance Storm, TNA on Spike, Emma, ECW and New Jack

John Cena has been pulled from WWE's tour of Australia set for early August. Roman Reigns will be his replacement. No word on why the current WWE Champion isn't working those shows. He also isn't advertised for the stateside shows on those dates. I'm sure he'll benefit from the time off, but that's got to be a disappointment for some of the audience there.

Kevin Steen has announced his final matches with Ring of Honor, opening the door to further speculation of him going to WWE. He did work a tryout for WWE not too long ago, but there hasn't been any confirmation of him being signed. Him working WWE is a pretty intriguing idea, at any rate.

Paige worked as a heel on this past weekend's live events, losing to Natalya in Canada. I think that's probably a direction she'll take on the main roster for the feud with AJ and beyond. I look forward to it.

Everything else from Friday is after the break.
For my take on Friday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Is he that different looking as Rose? He does speak differently and such, so that could be it. Definitely the same guy.

2. I'm pretty sure Stone Cold was just doing what he was scripted to do. I didn't see Storm's pre-WWE work, but what I did see never really made me think he could have been a top-tier guy. Great technician, but I never saw him as having the charisma needed to be something beyond that.

3. Of note, a number of Spike executives were at the NYC tapings. So they might give TNA another shot. If TNA does get dropped from Spike, they could still end up elsewhere. The ride's not over yet.

4. The whole situation sucks for everyone. I hope this doesn't derail what could be a solid career.

5. ECW's low production values in contrast to the really polished look of WWF really helped their gritty image.

6. Can New Jack take over this feature for a while? I'd love to read his answers to things. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment