Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on Thursday's Impact Wrestling.

I mostly liked the opening segment as far as setting matches up for the night, but is it too soon to be teasing a feud for Angle? I like Joe/Angle as much as the next person, but Angle just got back.

Good segment with Roode. I think Roode is my pick to win the TNA Title from Lashley at BFG.

Not a bad tag team match. It was just brief and somewhat chaotic.

Isn't it kind of heelish to try to book a wrestler with an injury? I'm not a fan of that. Roode vs. King should be fun, though.

Good segment ahead of Roode vs. King to block any interference (theoretically).

Roode vs. King was pretty good as far as street fights and such go. Roode vs. Lashley could be pretty cool.

I liked EC3's promo. I hope he's successful in TNA.

Good Roode promo. Roode's definitely someone I want to be TNA Champion.

I liked the Aries/Angle segment. Aries definitely makes a more interesting X-Division Champion than Sanada, and Aries vs. Angle could really be something.

That was much better than what we had gotten previously from the Madison/Brittany angle. I'm more than OK with this direction to reboot that storyline. Hopefully TNA learned their lesson with that one.

Good Bully Ray promo to sell his angle. TNA's been doing a better job with pre-tapes and such to sell matches.

I'll be pretty upset if Young takes the title back. I think it's pretty obvious his title reign wasn't what TNA was hoping it would be. They tried pretty hard to get him over as a top guy, but it didn't really work.

That was pretty awesome. I'm not a HUGE fan of Bully vs. Rhino, but it was a cool surprise to lead into the NYC tapings. I assume it's going to be a brief nostalgia run.

I couldn't care much less for EY as a top star. I'm OK with Lashley dominating him here.

Bleh. As long as Rhino doesn't become a centerpiece of things for too long, I can handle him being around for a few months.

Interesting stuff with Shaw returning. I still like my idea of Christy turning heel to be with Shaw.

I've kind of had my fill of the Beautiful People act, but it's a popular act so I imagine it will stick around.

TNA should bring back Shane Sewell as a referee. That was one of my favorite angles of years ago.

Are they teasing splitting up The Menagerie already? I hope not. It's just starting to click with me.

Fine Knockouts' Title match. I'm ready for something new from the division now that Angelina's lost the gold.

Good of TNA to set stuff up for next week's show. The shows have generally been better post-Slammiversary. There was some really terrible stuff going on when EY was champ.

Good main event for the title. I liked the story of Young's knee giving out playing into things. The right guy definitely won, and he's starting to get some real momentum as champion.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment