Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 7/11/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
Good opening segment. I want more stars elevated like Rusev's being elevated. I've seen Cena, Orton and Kane in title matches for more or less a decade.

Good pre-match stuff with AJ and Cameron. The Divas division is more interesting now that it was before WrestleMania. The Total Divas angle went on forever, and I was more inclined to agree with AJ's side of things.

The action of AJ vs. Cameron was fine. Cameron pulling out the Cattle Mutilation was really unexpected. Why not a four-way for the title since Naomi and Cameron are feuding? Or even a six-pack challenge with Layla and Summer Rae? It'd be interesting.

Orton pulling out the old Legend Killer moniker popped me. I look forward to their match. They have some real history.

I don't think that match did anything for Rose or Fandango. Rose only won because Summer Rae and Layla were fighting, and Fandango just lost by countout. This kind of booking is why stars aren't over like they should be.

At least Rose got something out of it by hitting the Party Foul. As another example of wins and losses not meaning much without followup: Fandango beat Jericho at WrestleMania last year. One man's the third leg in a Divas' feud and the other's facing one of WWE's top acts.

Jericho "gets" promos. He could have written off Bray as a joke who's beneath him and called Orton boring or whatever, but he understands it means more to compete with opponents who are seen as at your level.

My body is so ready for two out of three falls with the Usos and Wyatts. That'll be great. How soon do we get The Usos vs. The Ascension? I'd personally have them start out against a low-level face team (namely Woods and R-Truth) and build to a feud with The Usos.

Slater and Titus is an interesting pairing. I don't see it meaning much of anything, but it could be a pretty entertaining duo. Both are good at blabbing their mouths off. Good squash for the champs at any rate.

I'm glad there was a post-match to put over the tag team title match. I look forward to it.

Fun pre-match with Bray.

Orton and Jericho are pretty great. I'm all for WWE building Roman and Rusev, but I think this should have been the main event. Both are former World Champions and both have headlined WrestleMania. At any rate, I like how Jericho and Wyatt haven't beaten each other with chairs for four weeks leading into the PPV. Less is more a lot of times with PPV builds.

So that happened. I'm not sure what it really accomplished for anyone, though. If Fandango gets Kharma to come take out Summer and Layla, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I don't know how this benefits anyone.

Who are Summer and Layla going to feud with? Charlotte and Sasha Banks from NXT would be awesome, but I think it's going to be Eva Marie and Rosa Mendes. Yay...

Axel vs. Goldust was pretty good. I like this angle.

I had my doubts about Cody Rhodes becoming Stardust, but I think this is a good move. I hope to see him as WWE Champion as Cody, but I don't think it hurts him to have this gimmick for now.

Funny Bo promo. His gimmick's great.

Putting a heel in a two-on-one situation seems weird, but they were kind of out of things to do with this feud. Glad Bo won.

Bo hitting the BoDog on Torito made up for SOME of the Torito/Hornswoggle feud. Could Bo be the next Intercontinental Champion?

Monday's main event should be pretty good. I think Cena and Kane will step back some and let the former Shield show what they can do.

Reigns vs. Rusev was pretty good. I'm usually OK with seeing two big guys slug it out if they're not sluggish and gassed. Neither man should be losing clean, so the ending made sense.

Good ending to set up Reigns looking for revenge.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment