Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 12, 2014

TNA's UK announcement, Wyatt rumorkiller, latest on KENTA-WWE, Santino's replacement, indie name debuts in NXT, WWE set for SDCC, former World Champion coming back, WWE press, Impact audience and Questions on Bret's F bomb, a new WWE Title, WWF vs. ECW and Santino

TNA announced a second season of British Boot Camp. A number of talents from the show will work internationally for TNA in 2015. I think TNA could be going increasingly international in the years to come if things don't start picking up in the States.

There's a photo going around that people are interpreting as Bray Wyatt turning face. The photo was taken after Cena escaped Rowan's grasp when Wyatt was swinging for Cena with the chair. Rowan moved to take the shot to his back. This is a really common spot in wrestling, so I'm disappointed so many people jumped to conclusions. I haven't seen anything to suggest a face turn for Wyatt.

The storyline in Japan is Hulk Hogan signing KENTA to WWE. I'm not really sure how that makes sense, but whatever. I guess it wouldn't make sense for the heel Authority to sign him.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Adam Rose is being pegged as the replacement for Santino Marella as undercard comedy wrestler. Can he be paired with Emma? And bring back the bubbles? I'd love that.

Drake Younger has officially debuted as a referee in NXT.  I wonder how that call went... "Hey, it's WWE. We'd like to offer you a job. As a referee."

Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan, Daniel Bryan and Michael Cole are set for the San Diego Comic Con later in the month. That's an interesting mix of names. No official confirmation of Bryan needing another surgery, but I wouldn't expect him back soon either way.

Big Show is scheduled to return to the main roster later this month. I think I do prefer Cena and Orton in the title picture than Kane as champ vs. Big Show. That would have been rough.

Darren Young appeared at a gay gamer conference, announcing his inclusion in WWE 2K15. I can see him getting a lot of PR appearances with WWE now that he's come out.

TNA's audience this week for Impact was 1.28 million, down from the previous week. That's kind of disappointing considering the big matches put on that show, but the shows of Lashley's reign have been up from EY's reign, so that's good.

The Usos threw out the first pitch at a minor league baseball game to promote an upcoming WWE live event.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yeah, I think that could fit in kayfabe of Bret being upset with the loss.

2. It would make sense to give new logos for all the titles. If Paul Heyman's client BROCK LESNAR conquers John Cena's 15th World Title reign at Summerslam, I could see him dropping the Big Gold Belt and keeping the WWE Title belt with the new logo on it. They're not going to keep both belts forever.

3. I don't know how much Vince really considered ECW competition as much as a place to get talent from in his war with WCW.

4. Yeah, I think he'll just go to doing comedy full-time (which isn't too different from what he was doing already). I'd love to see a retirement ceremony with Emma, Kozlov and Santina Marella involved, but I give that about a zero percent chance of happening.

Nothing to really add to 5.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment