Total Pageviews

Friday, July 11, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 7/10/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
I liked Summer Rae vs. Bayley a good deal. Both Divas are progressing quite well. I hope Bayley graces us with her presence on the main roster down the line.

Summer Rae vs. Charlotte could be quite good. Neither of them has a lot of experience, but both are impressive athletes.

Good promo from Adrian and Sami. I still see Sami as the more obvious star of the two. It wouldn't shock me if they put the title on Adrian instead because Sami could be coming to the main roster by the end of the year and they don't want to have to do another tournament or whatever to get a new champion once that happens.

That was the best Justin Gabriel promo I can remember since Nexus was a thing. His character has a clear motivation to take a different route.

Sin Cara is really great. I don't think it's too late to push him. He might be coming up on 37, but he's not wrestling like he's running on fumes. As for Blake, he was fine here.

Tyson and Natalya work together quite well. I wish some of the lower-level characters got more development on the main roster. I think the days of the brand extension are dead, but WWE could do a better job of cycling in other talents.

Interesting segment with Sasha and Summer Rae. I hope the latter gets a chance to be a real babyface.

CJ Parker vs. Xavier Woods isn't incredibly exciting to me, but it's probably because I haven't seen a lot of either character. Woods doesn't have much of a developed role on the main roster, so he's harder to get behind.

I like the Vaudevillains. The two gimmicks go well together, and they've got a unique act.

I liked the Ascension video. They really need something to do as champions. It's like WWE can't decided whether it's about time to call them up or not.

Not a bad match to show off the impressive power of Dempsey. I hope he's successful past the squash stage.

It's way too soon to tease Dempsey vs. Neville, but that's a nice contrast of styles. I miss Brodus Clay's run vs. Neville personally.

Good interview segment with Neville and Zayn. I think Zayn could be a real hit as a babyface.

That was an awesome main event from a story perspective. This was better than probably 95% of matches I've seen from guys like the Motor City Machine Guns or the Young Bucks because it told a story beyond "check out my cool moves in rapid-fire fashion". Great work all around, although I think Neville still needs some fine-tuning in the ring psychology department. I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Superstars:
There was some rumor going around that Adam Rose wasn't going to be on this week's shows because he's being punished for something. Goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Rose vs. Titus was fine to fill some time. I wonder what the longevity is for these two given how they're not in angles at the moment.

I applaud Ryback and Axel for trying to make something interesting out of what little they have to work with these days. They're a pretty good act.

I enjoyed Kidd vs. Axel well enough. I think Tyson makes for a more compelling heel right now. I bet he could get over with his current NXT gimmick on the main roster.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment