Total Pageviews

Friday, July 18, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/17/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
TNA's definitely trying to recreate that ECW vibe here. It's not 1997, so I don't know how successful they'll be beyond the initial nostalgia pop.

Ehhh... the ending was fine to keep things going for this angle. I liked the action involved. I think the ECW stuff can work in shorter segments, but ultimately TNA's going to need to springboard some new acts.

Good brief segments to keep the narratives going ahead of Lashley vs. Hardy and the X-Division gauntlet.

Storm vs. Sanada should be pretty cool. Storm's the right guy to elevate the newcomer.

That was a pretty good X-Division showcase. I'm glad Aries won, and Sanada's now in the position to snap and go after Storm.

Good post-match to keep both men as babyfaces.

Good Roode/EY segment. I'm at least a LITTLE hyped for a Team Canada reunion with the two of them.

Storm beating up both Sanada and Muta would be great heat.

Good little Hardy promo ahead of his match tonight.

Not a bad King/MVP segment. Lashley as champion is much more interesting than MVP winning it if for no other reason than it being something unexpected.

Good match to get heat on King and MVP. Roode, Young and Hardy vs. King, MVP and Lashley sounds like a fun six-man tag to me.

I liked the post-match to keep things going.

I'd be pretty pissed at Sanada if I was Muta. Sanada being granted the power of the mist to win his matches would be cool.

Good Knockouts match. Are we getting Gail vs. Madison for the title soon?

Dixie's doing a great job of being detestable. I can just imagine the reaction she'll get when Bully finally puts her through a table.

I liked the segment with Angle and Aries. This should be an important decision for the X-Division Champion.

WOW! They definitely put Lashley over as a big deal with that win. Good work building the champion. Both men worked really hard to make the match count.

Oh, boy. Dixie's walking into a dangerous situation.

That's a big match set for next week! TNA's stacking things up for these tapings.

One heck of an ending to the show. TNA got a lot of energy tonight.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment