Total Pageviews

Friday, July 25, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 7/24/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
That was a pretty quick match for The Ascension. They really need something new to do. I'd like to see a team that's not doing anything on the main roster come work with them. Or just take two veterans and randomly pair them up like they generally do. Either way, they could use some opponents who can elevate them and get them further ready for the main roster.

Ehhh. I wasn't too crazy about that match. I think Breeze is still recovering, so that had something to do with it. I really want to see another standout performance from him.

Very impressive match between Charlotte and Summer. I'd forgotten how good Summer could be. Both Divas have potential for down the line. It definitely wouldn't hurt either of them to get more work in NXT, but it's clear Charlotte can contribute to the main roster before too much longer. They need to make the most of her when she does go up. I'd hate for her to get lost in the shuffle while the "Total Divas" girls get all of the spotlight.

Impressive work by everyone in that tag match. I definitely think we're seeing some future stars in that match.

I liked the Rusev/Lana promo. Cool to see them in NXT.

I'm glad we're finally theoretically on the road to Neville vs. Breeze. That #1 Contender's match feels like forever ago. The match itself was pretty good, and that ending protected both sides.

Good post-match to keep Rusev as a force. I would have liked if the show ended with the focus on Neville and Breeze, though.

Superstars:
I miss the Heath Slater who challenged legends and who-have-you, only to constantly get his. It obviously didn't make him a contender for titles or help his win-loss record, but he had an entertaining role on the show.

Fun little match between Slater and Rose. The action was good and I was fine with the lightheartedness.

That was a good promo from R-Truth. I'm glad we got his thoughts on the Xavier Woods angle. Truth vs. Del Rio's a pretty big match for Superstars.

Things just aren't going Slater's way lately. No Jinder. No Drew. No Titus. And now no Hornswoggle. This following the end of Nexus and The Corre. It'd be interesting for him to get a new partner. If they're looking to do something new with David Otunga, that could work here. They did work together in Nexus, after all.

Good match for getting Del Rio a win. Both men bring veteran instincts to the table, and that's quite valuable.

More wrestling going up.

No comments:

Post a Comment