Total Pageviews

Monday, July 28, 2014

Query on Booker T., HHH/Stephanie birthday with a pop star, WWE live event notes, Interview with Big E, Spike doesn't renew TNA contract?, and Questions on Wolves in TNA's TLC, Sting in the WWE Hall, Willow, the origins of faces and heels, and JR

First up, a query:
1. No, Booker T. was never charged with murder. I think some have Booker confused with the former DT Porter.

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon had a birthday party for their daughter featuring Katy Perry. Yeah, it was kind of a slow news day other than the Spike-TNA story.

Damien Sandow's angle continued this weekend with him cutting a pro-Texas promo at an Oklahoma show. By my count (through Cagematch.net), he's lost his last 33 matches. That makes for a pretty brutal win/loss record since he had the MITB briefcase.

Big E talked a bit about his new faction with Xavier Woods with Kofi Kingston. It was definitely time for something new with Kofi in particular.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Refunds were offered at another WWE live event due to the absence of John Cena. The shows did feature Ric Flair as a special guest referee, so that hopefully softened the blow.

TMZ is reporting Spike TV is canceling Impact Wrestling once their contract ends in October. More on this in the coming days. I can't say I'm really shocked. I'm more saddened than anything. So many talented wrestlers could be out of jobs now and it's possible I won't be able to see them on national TV again. I've had my differences with TNA like a lot of people have, but I'd rather see them turn it around and make it work than go out of business. It's possible there's more to the story and they could still be on TV by this time next year, but things don't look good for them right now.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. That's actually a clever idea to build the Wolves using the reputations of their opponents. Just think how big of a notch that would be in their belts to beat two of the top teams of the last fifteen years in more or less those teams' home turf. The Hardys and Team 3D aren't going to be around forever. TNA should make the most of them.

2. Absolutely. I think that could easily be the set up for Sting vs. Taker.

3. Willow's still listed on the TNA roster and wasn't totally written off. I think there's a fair chance we see him again before it's all said and done. Jeff's definitely more valuable as Jeff, but I wouldn't rule out a return to that gimmick.

4. I'm guessing they're old carny terms, but I don't know the exact meaning of them.

5. There are few people in the business with as much knowledge and experience as JR. If he was willing to stay on, I think they should have kept him. WWE just needed a fall guy for that panel mishap and he was the one they chose to stick it to. It was definitely more on Flair than him, but JR's an easier target politically.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment