Total Pageviews

Monday, July 7, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 7/4/14

Read on for my thoughts on Friday's Smackdown.
I liked the opening segment. I'm glad Rollins and Ambrose are getting focus as top acts. I couldn't have been the only one who would have popped for Teddy Long making a tag match, but Ambrose vs. Orton should be quite good.

Del Rio vs. Sheamus was really good. I don't enjoy them feuding as characters, but their matches are almost always quite enjoyable.

I liked the Stardust/Goldust segment. This gimmick has got legs.

Good Reigns promo. We're almost definitely in for Cena retaining to face Lesnar at Summerslam, but how great would it be if Reigns became champion?

God, I love Bo Dallas. It's probably too soon for him to be champion, but I could see it working out for him. He's great at getting heat.

Good little squash for Bo. He's coming along as a competitor.

I mostly liked the post-match. El Torito isn't a favorite of mine, but I can tolerate him being used.

I really liked the Jericho/Wyatts/Miz exchange. Jericho didn't need terrible comedy to get across his points. Jericho vs. Wyatt could be quite the feud. I like Miz, but I don't think they need to worry about protecting him too much.

I liked the promos to set up Big E vs. Cesaro. WWE's doing a good job of building the IC Title battle royal.

Good Cesaro/Big E segment overall. I'm glad this wasn't just a big Heyman promo with no focus on the competitors.

Good match for AJ to get a squash under her belt. It's quite odd to see her as a face now, but they got as far as they could with her as a heel.

Fine post-match to continue Paige vs. AJ. Presumably the plan is to slowly turn Paige to the dark side. I'm looking forward to it.

It was actually kind of funny to see Sandow as Bruce Springsteen. Good segment as a whole. Swagger vs. Rusev could be quite the match.

Good main event. I'm liking the way this feud's going so far.

Good post-match to keep things going.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment