Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Raw Reax - 7/21/14

Read on for my take on last night's Raw.

I love Triple H's character sometimes. There are times when it throws talented people under a bus, but there are also times when the insider references and humor pop me. He's not the only one mad Cena's still champ after Battleground. I think a lot of people are.

I liked the rest of the opening segment, too. I've seen HHH, Orton and Kane quite a bit over the years, but I'm not too fed up about it.

I wasn't too crazy about that ending, but I think it was good for Reigns to get the win there. Orton vs. Kane is an interesting idea for a feud if they're more or less ready to end The Authority.

Good post-match to keep the angle going. Simple, but effective.

I wonder what the forces in the company who compare WWE to "Disney on Ice" or whatever think about the repeated use of the word "bitch" in that segment. Other than that, it was a prettu good segment to get heat on Brie vs. Stephanie. If they're not doing that match at Summerslam (or Night of Champions), I don't see much point in devoting so much time to the angle. There are worse "Total Divas"- related feuds they could do, so I guess I should be happy.

I think they need a segment involving Nikki and John Cena where he expresses concern about her always being put in handicap matches and such. He's already feuding with The Authority, so it would be natural to include.

There's the opportunity to turn Nikki heel here, with her being upset at the situations her sister has gotten her into. Of course, they'd have to make it pretty clear which twin is which in a sister vs. sister match.

Bo vs. Sandow is kind of odd, since they're both heels. But Bo only has so many potential opponents "at his level".

Good little match to keep Bo's winning streak going. At some point, he's going to have to challenge for a title. Rusev has the same issue.

I thought it was clever to have Wyatt attack before The Highlight Reel.

I liked the "Highlight Reel" segment with Wyatt. I think he'll be fine heat-wise going forward, especially if he beats Jericho at Summerslam.

Ziggler vs. Miz was a pretty good match. I don't think it did Miz or the IC Title any favors, but it was a good match.

I'm glad they did the post-match to refer to Miz still being champion. I think he can continue to get heat.

Cesaro working with The Authority could be a good move. He's really lost in the shuffle without Heyman.

Good, but brief Divas tag match.

I'm glad we're getting Paige as a heel. I hope she really steps it up as a character now leading to Summerslam. I don't think she's "failed" on the main roster, but there's untapped potential there.

ZACK RYDER GOT A WIN ON RAW!!! Miracles do happen! It won't mean much of anything, though.

Layla and Summer Rae are the new secret weapon for winning lower-card matches. I could see Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, etc. looking their way next.

I'm glad they made reference to the WM28 encounter. Heath can be such a great character if they let him.

Rusev vs. Sheamus could be pretty big. I see a U.S. Title reign in Rusev's future if the political fallout doesn't do him in.

Fine segment to keep Stephanie/Brie going. The Jerry McDevitt reference was a nice touch, but how many people will notice or care?

I wonder if they're setting something else up for The Authority tonight. Roman Reigns could steal HHH's car.

Good enough tag match, but I'm surprised we saw it here instead of Main Event or Superstars. It didn't really seem to advance anything unless Rybaxel will challenge for the tag team titles next.

Didn't see that character change coming for Xavier. I really hope this isn't just a "team up the black people" thing.

It's probably a good thing Lana didn't talk after her Battleground comments.

I'm glad Rusev took Khali out. That's one good thing Khali can be used for.

I wonder how long it will be before someone wrecks Rusev. I don't see any any reason to do it yet. I kind of want it to be Sami Zayn debuting and surprising him.

I'm not really sure what to make of Stardust and Goldust anymore. I'm ready for them to move to their next angle.

Good match with Ambrose and Cesaro, but that was pretty much expected from those two.

Fine post-match to keep things going.

I liked the little HHH/Renee segment.

That made sense to set up Cena vs. Brock. I'm much more interested in Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins than another "Cena overcomes the odds" angle, but Cena vs. Lesnar should be fine.

I'm glad Heyman's not trying to suck up to the "Cena Sucks" crowd. Good work getting Lesnar over as a big threat to Cena.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment