Total Pageviews

Monday, July 7, 2014

Former X-Division Champion retires, WWE charity, TNA vs. Wrestle-1 press conference and Questions on Gut Check, loldirtsheets, The Dixie show, New Jack and Francine

Petey Williams wrestled what he claims is his final match recently against Chris Sabin. It didn't look like he was going to end up back in TNA or break through to WWE, so I can't say I blame him on those grounds. I popped hard for Williams' finisher in the Team Canada days. He really lost his direction after that group split.

WWE and Dolph Ziggler took part in a food drive in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. That's pretty cool.

Here are photos from a press conference promoting a Wrestle-1 event featuring TNA stars. Included in the press conference were relevant spoilers from the NYC tapings.

Everything else from Saturday is after the break.

For my take on Saturday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Honestly, I applaud TNA for doing something different. Obviously it was pretty similar to "Tough Enough", but in theory it was a good way to evaluate/bring in new talents.

2. Who comes up with these stories? Someone must be trying to see just how gullible some members of the IWC are. I'm also interested to see what happens when Angle's TNA deal expires. I could see him coming back to go into the Hall of Fame, but I don't know if he'll be able to wrestle in WWE.

3. I reckon the world just ain't ready for a Dixie Carter TV show, darlin'! I would so watch a kayfabe sitcom of Dixie, EC3 and Spud.

4. Now who would wanna see someone like New Jack runnin' around shootin' at folks when they could watch TNA's president in action? I hate ta say it but ECW died a long time ago, darlins! It's time to celebrate a REAL rasslin' promotion with a REAL president like Dixie Carter.

5. I imagine the trailer was edited in such a way to tease things being bigger than they actually are. Got to sell those DVDs!

More wrestling later.

No comments:

Post a Comment