Total Pageviews

Friday, July 25, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/24/14

Read on for my take on last night's Impact Wrestling.

That was a very clever way to start the show with some action. I kind of miss the days of random backstage brawls happening for the WWF Hardcore Title. A TNA Hardcore Title doesn't sound like such a bad idea. It would give them an excuse for all the big brawls they do. Heck, they could have turned Abyss' TV Title into it.

Pretty good match between Roode and MVP. It was rather underhanded of Roode to take advantage of MVP's injury, but I'm pretty much giving up the "face vs. heel" thing for TNA on some level.

Good quick Dixie segment to keep that angle going. She's a fun character most of the time.

That was an AMAZING segment to bring back Matt Hardy. It's weird to see him as a face given his fantastic ROH character, but it's like one actor playing on two different TV shows. I'm glad they didn't try to be too edgy or gritty and just set up a match for next week.

Interesting Aries segment. Aries vs. Lashley could be pretty fun.

Good Bromans segment! Their act's growing on me.

I really missed Low Ki. Quite the great athlete. When he's motivated, the sky's the limit for him.

Ehhh... not too crazy about the Gunner/Shaw/Anderson thing. I'm pretty much ready for it to go to whatever the next stage is.

King Mo lives! It will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Is TNA trying to suck up to Spike while the two sides are still together? Good segment overall.

Good tag match. These four definitely feel more like WWE guys than TNA guys, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Fine post-match. It looks like TNA's setting up for a big hardcore match. Maybe at the next taping (*hint, hint*)?

I liked the nostalgia segment with Dreamer and Team 3D, even if it flies in the face of Dreamer vs. Bully Ray months back at the One Night Only show. That was a pretty big feud.

I'm split on whether I'm a fan of Option D or not. It more or less makes the X-Division Title a #1 Contendership belt instead of its own division, but that could be an interesting idea. I'm willing to see what TNA has in mind.

Ehhhh... I definitely wasn't too big of a fan of Gail/Taryn III, but I see where it fit into the greater story of Gail and Taryn feuding with the Beautiful People. It was effective in that sense.

The Great Muta hasn't wrestled on American TV since WCW closed down, so this is pretty special.

Why does Dixie even come to shows? She knows Bully Ray's looking for her. I guess she feels safe with EC3, Rhino, Spud and Mo. That's an interesting combination of bodyguards.

Good segment between Robbie E and Muta to sell the match.

That match was pretty much what it had to be. I think Robbie E's going to be over no matter how much he loses, so this didn't really hurt him.

That was an interesting post-match. I'm willing to give Sanada a shot as a heel. He hasn't been particularly interesting as a face. Storm's the right guy for him to work with as far as a veteran who knows what's what in TNA.

Good Dixie/King Mo segment. I'm liking this angle more now.

That was one hell of a main event! As far as callbacks to ECW go, that was done well. Everyone worked hard and it didn't just seem like they were doing big weapon spots just to do them. Using wrestlers from the ECW brand to heel fans of the "real" ECW is sheer GENIUS. The ECW faithful hated what WWE did to the ECW brand and I'm sure the new guys will get heat from the crowd.

Good post-match beatdown. I like this angle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment