Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

WWE live event note, WWE press, Cougar Countdown, Interview with Austin, Devitt-WWE update, PPV feed issues and Questions on Cena vs. Brock, Mathews in TNA, Steen in WWE and TNA tapings

NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension worked another live event for the main roster, this time losing to Dolph Ziggler and Sin Cara. I wonder how their act will get over on the main roster.

Here's a piece on a recent WWE event. If you like live event pictures, check out that link.

WWE will be doing a special edition of Countdown on the Network remembering the WWE career of Vickie Guerrero. That's pretty cool. I wish her the best in post-WWE life. It's crazy thinking there's no Eddie, Chavo, Vickie OR Raquel Diaz there now. I believe there's been at least one Guerrero employed since the WCW buyout. Truly the end of an era in that sense.

Everything else from Sunday is after the break.
Stone Cold talked about a number of WWE topics. Always cool to hear what he thinks of the business, because he's not worried about getting another run in WWE or wherever. He can speak more freely and openly because of that. It is an exciting time for new talents if they can break into that top level.

Prince Devitt is said to be done with his UK appearances and on his way to the United States. He's expected to sign with WWE. I hope he does and is worth the hype.

There were said to be many people who had issues in keeping their PPV feed for "Money In The Bank" via the WWE Network and WWE.com. Add that to Cena becoming the 15-time champion and you've got quite a few angry fans who might not be renewing their subscriptions. WWE is definitely facing backlash for a number of things and could be taking a big hit once their next financial numbers come out.

For my take on Sunday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think WWE is going with the "safe bet" of another round of Cena vs. Brock for the title as a major attraction for Summerslam, rather than making a risky venture with newer talents. I'm sure Cena vs. Brock the match will be great, but I've seen Cena as a top guy for nearly a decade now and it's been pretty much the same song and dance for years. Cena vs. Brock isn't a bad option, but it's clear a lot of fans want to see other names in the mix as top acts.

2. Cena as top guy is definitely a topic that gets a lot of attention online. If my livelihood depended on pro wrestling, I'd probably be as passionate about some areas as the top reporters. I think about wrestling all the time, but it isn't my whole life. Some people need to take a deep breath and have other priorities.

3. I'd love for him to be there to give the commentary team a fresh coat of paint. Tenay and Taz have been there and done that as commentators. I'd be curious to see what Mathews would add to that dynamic.

4. He has to actually GET there first, and make it through NXT at that. Let's take it one step at a time. I wouldn't write him off, but I also wouldn't just assume he'll be a success.

5. I'd be curious to know what percentage of fans keep track of spoilers for TNA who would watch if it was live. I do think it's had a detrimental effect on ratings in the past.

More wrestling later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment