Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 6, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 7/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on Thursday's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
Good opening promo to get us into things. I've missed Enzo working with Big Cass.

That was a fine squash for Cassady. I hope he can be molded into someone worth watching.

Fun segment with Neville and Breeze. Both men could be good additions to the main roster in due time.

They obviously like Bull Dempsey. I'm not sold on him yet.

Good Divas promo to set up that match.

Fine Divas match. Charlotte in particular is going places, but don't count Bayley out. She's becoming pretty solid in the ring.

No way are they doing a Bayley heel turn. At least, I hope not.

I liked the Kidd/Gabriel segment. Kidd's run in NXT is the most interesting he's been since the bodyguard angle after the Hart Dynasty split.

Not a bad segment following the Divas match. The division could be heating up soon.

I was disappointed in Parker there. After so many weeks without a match, I wanted more when he finally got in the ring. More training is needed here.

Not a bad post-match for Parker. I don't know how great a feud with Woods will be, but it will give both of them some more ring time.

That was a pretty good interview with Kidd. He's really grown as a character.

Zayn vs. Gabriel was pretty good. Zayn's totally ready for the main roster from an in-ring standpoint. Maybe Cesaro can win the IC Title and hold it for a few months leading to Zayn being his challenger?

Interesting post-match. Gabriel and Kidd vs. Neville and Zayn will be quite the feud from an in-ring standpoint. I think it makes sense to use those two to continue grooming Neville and Zayn for the main roster.

Superstars:
Big E vs. Titus was fine to give a win to Big E after another Rusev loss. The match itself wasn't amazing, but I like both performers. Big E has a number of the strengths Titus has, but is a good deal younger. I think he could have a pretty good run ahead of him.

Interesting comments from Del Rio. I wonder if he'll end up wrestling Y2J. I hope so. That would be a pretty good match.

Good AJ promo to establish her return. It will be interesting to see where her feud with Paige goes. There's a good deal of potential there.

Pretty good main event to showcase Del Rio. I don't know how much heat he can really get at this point after so many high-profile losses.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment