Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Top trainer at Harley Race camp, more dates for Brock, Interviews with Axel/Spud/Jeff Hardy, note on ROH names, former X-Division Champion officially back in TNA, Russo and TNA part ways, Spike-TNA update, Ricardo released, new TNA signing and Questions on late arrival spoilers, how Creative works, Heyman, WWE merch and the Authority

Dr. Tom Prichard has been announced for the 2014 Harley Race Wrestling Camp. He had a big role in WWE developmental for many years. I think it's safe to say he was better received than Bill DeMott has been in the same role. Anyway, this is a big opportunity for those in training and I hope they take advantage of it.

Brock Lesnar is advertised for the Raw after Summerslam as well as the Raw before Night of Champions. If he beats Cena, it will be really interesting to see how they book things in his absence. Now is the time to elevate other performers if they can't use the WWE Championship as a draw for live events and such due to Lesnar's schedule.

Curtis Axel talked about working with The Rock and Brock Lesnar ahead of their respective returns. Training with The Rock is a pretty sweet resume-builder. It's pretty weird they acknowledged Axel's real name through Rock's tweets. I really shouldn't be surprised anymore. I can only imagine how intimidating it is working with Lesnar in that kind of situation.

Update: Curt Hawkins wasn't too pleased at being left out. He also worked with Rock. I can see why WWE didn't include someone they recently released, but they definitely left out part of the story.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
ROH Tag Team Champions ReDRagon just re-signed with the company, so they won't be working in TNA as some speculated. They're good friends with Davey Richards and I'm sure he would love to work with them again.

Low Ki has been officially added to the TNA roster page, so he's presumably sticking around for a while. It's expected Homicide will also be back in TNA as a regular roster member going forward.

Vince Russo is now officially gone from TNA. After the fallout from the leak of his employment, I can't say I'm shocked he's taking a bullet. I don't know how much of an effect this will really have on TNA's booking (he was just a consultant), but it is a significant move.

TNA continues to negotiate with Spike and other parties for a home for Impact Wrestling past October. UTA is handling the negotiations, not Dixie Carter. In other words, TNA's not dead yet and they still could be on TV once their current deal ends. Whether that will be for Spike or another channel remains to be seen. I actually hope they do stick around and get their ducks in a row. Having competition in the business is good for everyone.

Rockstar Spud talked about the current state of TNA and more.

In order:
- Spud and EC3 vs. Bully in tables matches is headlining over Lashley defending the TNA Title. I'm not sure what that says, but it's something to note.

- I definitely think TNA wants to do something for the Australian market, but I don't know of any real plans.

- Spud's been great in the Chief of Staff role. He's much better there than when he was just a wrestler.

- I can definitely see TNA bringing a PPV to the UK. They're doing BFG in Japan after all.

Ricardo Rodriguez has been released from WWE, as per his request. I thought he was fantastic as Del Rio's ring announcer. He really brought a lot to the role and worked really hard. His appearance in the Royal Rumble was hysterical. I hope he goes on to do whatever he wants to do as a wrestler now that he's out of WWE. It's a shame we didn't get to see any more from his alter ego El Local.

TNA announced a new talent signed to a multiple-year deal. He trained in the Team 3D Academy. That's a really great story. I hope he finds success.

Jeff Hardy talked about potentially going back to WWE and more. In order:
- He's very lucky TNA didn't can him after Victory Road. That was a big black eye for the company.

- I wouldn't assume we'll see Hardy on Spike this time next year. I think it's entirely possible he'll be on USA Network or SyFy, especially if Impact gets dropped.

- Jeff went from not caring about social networks to paying a lot of attention to Instagram in two paragraphs! I definitely think he'll end up in WWE again before it's all said and done, even if it's just for a Hall of Fame nod. And I don't see it taking 10-to-15 years.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I agree with Scherer's suggestion here. That definitely seems like an oversight on WWE's part.

2. Ultimately it is a matter of the powers that be feeling confident in giving talents the screen time to do something like that. Some talents have more pull in that department than others.

3. I don't think he'd want to be back in Creative! It's a very stressful environment working for Vince and Stephanie in that capacity.

4. You could buy merch from WWE.com, but I see your point. It creates a vicious cycle where Cena sells a lot more T-shirts because he has a lot more T-shirts for sale! As for TNA having shirts for every wrestler, I don't see anything for Lashley and he's the TNA Champion!

5. Any of those options is possible! I just hope we're not in for CEO Hornswoggle.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment