Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

2011 WWE Draft thoughts

Raw and Smackdown are getting some new blood tonight. Will either show get cut too deep? Will either show get some O+ to boost their strength? Read on for my thoughts on WWE's choices to switch shows.

NO WAY. They'll draft him back later, won't they? Didn't expect that one for sure. I guess it's to replace Edge to a degree. Hey, I guess both shows will get some big names and new stars trying to break through instead of that being more associated with Smackdown.

That certainly changes things up for Sunday. I guess we won't get another round of Cena vs. Miz.

I'm VERY curious as to who steps up in Cena's absence.

Ugh. I don't have good memories of Rey being on Raw. He works better on Smackdown for sure.

I'd crack up if HHH and Taker switched shows tonight, since neither show up much.

Seriously? Wow, they are shaking things up a lot tonight aren't they? I would have thought he and Cena would be off-limits (which is partially why I kept them on Raw in my mock draft). I wonder what USA Network thinks of this.

I was assuming we'd get about 8 draft picks tonight. It doesn't look like that will be the case now.

Really? Also kind of some surprising switches. I'm fine with Henry, but I don't like that they're moving Sin Cara so quickly. That being said, the show could suit him a good deal better, and with Rey on Raw they won't have to do that teamup or feud any time soon.

They're definitely taking big chances and freshening things up. Good for them.

Kofi and/or Big Show next?

Ha! I AM psychic. Hopefully the tag team title reign isn't too long now.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This was the one guy I didn't want to switch sides. He was just getting started on Smackdown and they moved him. It's not like he had run through all of the feuds there. Then again, now he won't get crushed by Cena and/or Orton, and that's a big plus.

Move Kofi and let's call it a night.

Presumably they're doing the Supplemental Draft tomorrow because they're going to move other people around for that night's Smackdown taping.

I wonder if Rock and Cena will go back-and-forth on Smackdown at any point.

Mark Henry to replace Del Rio as a major heel on Smackdown maybe?

Well, that was stupid. I was kind of joking earlier about drafting him back. That seriously was a let-down. Oy.

So, Raw gets Rey, Del Rio, and Big Show in exchange for Orton, Mark Henry, and Sin Cara. I think Raw got the better end of that deal, but they generally do.

Ah well, as always it's important to see how it plays out and this certainly wasn't the worst direction they could have gone in.

That's all for my Draft thoughts. I'll have a column tomorrow looking at the Supplemental Draft, and later on I'll have one looking at Monday's news.

No comments:

Post a Comment