Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Raw thoughts- 4/11/11

It's tough jumping right to Raw after Tough Enough. I wasn't done with my thoughts on that show! Anyway, let's get right to it. Read on for my thoughts on the show.

Solid opening segment. I'm glad that Cena had to earn a rematch, and that Morrison, Ziggler, and R-Truth are all getting a shot at the #1 Contendership. This continues to get them close to the main event scene, and any of them could break through the glass ceiling in that match.


I'm intrigued with the Edge story. I haven't looked much at today's news yet, so I legitimately don't know where they're going with it.

Does Mattel make Bratz dolls? Nice plug if so.

Hey, I know that chick from somewhere. Nice set-up to her eventual debut. I wonder what name she'll go by?

Nice way to tell them apart. I'm calling Nikki stealing a marker from someone and getting the Bellas a Title win. Or Brie getting it off somehow.

Nice ending, but I don't like the Bellas being champion(s). Unless this means we get some new faces in the division (in addition to Kong).

I see Michelle getting cut next week barring someone REALLY screwing up.

You'd think they'd promote Sin Cara's in-ring debut for longer than that.

Eve heel turn? Either way, I hope we get a shake-up in the division.

At least Primo gets to appear on Raw for once.

AWESOME FINISHER! All in all, not a bad Raw debut. He looked a little tentative in places, but I definitely want to see more of him in the weeks to come.

I guess The Corre's here because the tag team champions can be on any show.

Corre split-up time?

The APPLE. Nice. Ridiculous but in an entertaining way.

It will be interesting to see what stems from the seeds of discord sewn before this match. It won't be easy as pie to stay together, even though they mashed Santino into sauce there.

Awesome set up for the next match. Both companies need to do this more often: make these things shows more than just segments and matches put together.

Glad they mic'd Cole and JR. Both are good in their roles here. Cole's about as heelish as he can be.

Awesome match from a story standpoint. You don't need flashy spots all over the place to get a big reaction. No dueling chants. No "this is awesome".  Just cheering the face and booing the heel, as it should be.

Please tell me Swagger gets a push out of this.

King teaming up with a worn-out commentator against Cole and a young wrestler not yet in his prime sounds pretty silly on paper. But in story it makes sense. I keep thinking that we'll end up with something that separates the two on shows.

Cool look back at HHH-Taker. Awesome selling by everyone involved.

NO idea if this is legit or just a great angle. Thank you, Edge indeed.

If this isn't real, I'm sure as heck getting worked along with everyone else.

This is surreal. Glad he's getting such a good ovation on-screen and backstage. No Alberto makes me think this is legit. I'll be sure to follow up when there's more news on this.

How convenient of New Nexus to return right now. Where's Husky Harris?

Kind of disappointed that Cena's the last guy. Then again, he's the biggest star here, so it makes sense that he's last.

I'm going to miss Edge, big time. I'll get to more on that when we find out more about his retirement.

So umm, what now? Triple threat? Fatal 4 Way? Six-Pack Challenge?

Nice Miz promo to setup the inevitable Raw GM interruption.

Miz vs. Cena vs. R-Truth is an interesting match. I guess Morrison, Orton, and Ziggler will be involved with something else. I hope so anyway. Maybe some of them are in a #1 Contendership match? Either way, interesting combination of an established superstar in Cena, a somewhat established main eventer/champion in Miz, and someone who may or may not get through that glass ceiling in R-Truth. It will be particularly noteworthy to see how Truth gets over in a main event role.

That's all for my thoughts on Raw. I'll have a news post up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment