Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

WWE WrestleMania XXVII thoughts

Tonight's the biggest event wrestling "sports entertainment" will see all year. Read on for my thoughts on this show, as it happens.


Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus was turned into a dark match with lumberjacks. In keeping with the tradition of dark matches, I'll cover it in my news post.

Pretty good opening promo to really get the crowd into the show.

Edge vs. Del Rio should NOT have opened the show. That's total BS. They've done way too good of a job and the World Title is way too important for something like that to happen.

Great match, confusing result. What the heck's going on here? I hope this isn't a derailing of Del Rio, as he's definitely a potential money-maker for the company.

I liked the video screen setup.

Captain America... that one should have been an obvious pick now that I think about it.

Rhodes should have been more dominant here. Or rather, got in more offense and didn't get smashed as much. My high hopes for this card are dropping a bit.

That was kind of weird...

What the heck is going on here? Vince talked up the pushing of young talent at a recent conference call and then we get this crap. He even said that WrestleMania would be a launching point for some of the newer stars. This is just crazy and we're only 3 matches in.

Mae Young. Why? I liked the Rock-Austin moment though.

They did Orton-Punk right for the most part. Good job.

Another weird, but somewhat amusing segment. This is the April Fool's show I guess.

Cole-Lawler was done right-ish until the post-match stuff. Again, crazy show tonight.

Absolutely outstanding match between Triple H and Undertaker. THIS is wrestling.

And THIS... is entertainment. Kind of a disappointing buffer.

Awesome pre-intro for The Miz. Cena's was weird.

Another semi-headscratcher in the main event. At least Miz won.

I wouldn't say that WWE dropped the ball on this show, but I was definitely underwhelmed with the booking. They stumbled, but there's still a chance that they can recover with strong booking in the weeks and months to come.

That's a wrap for this show. My news post is coming up soon, including the result for Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment