Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Raw thoughts- 4/4/11

Last night at WrestleMania, The Miz retained the WWE Championship over John Cena when The Rock restarted the match. However, neither competitor was able to escape without a beatdown from the Great One. All three of these men are at Raw tonight as we start a new road to WrestleMania. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

JR and King calling Raw? Wow, didn't think I'd see that (outside of old school events). JR was in town though, so don't expect him to go back on the road full-time. I'll follow the situation in future posts.

Triple H was brutalized last night. I wish he was showing more effects from that. Some tape on his arms or something at the least.

Did he just acknowledge their previous Mania match!? I thought that was being ignored. GREAT selling of their encounter in the promo.

Interesting comments about whether this will be the last of The Undertaker.

And THERE are the visual effects of the big encounter.

So when can we pencil in the rematch for the blowaway best match on the card? Or... re-entertainment or whatever. I would have been shocked if you told me HBK-Taker wouldn't have gotten a rematch for a year, so 4/1/12 might be that day.

It's surreal seeing King and JR calling the show again.

I love the goofy wrestling gear (still). Look out Undertaker, Cole's sneaking up on your record!

No shock that we don't get King-Cole II tonight.

Swagger goes for a leg drop. Hulk Hogan should get on Twitter and complain that WWE's stealing his moves. (That'll make more sense when you see my news post).

Hey I think I've seen this finish somewhere before recently.

Man, just when you thought they couldn't make Cole a bigger jackass he squirts barbecue sauce on JR.

So, um, how'd Cole get back to the desk and where is JR?

These four guys were in pretty big matches last night. This match should have gotten more build-up.

That being said, this was an outstanding (TV) match. Glad it got as long as it did.

Nice seeing Austin put that match over like that. Weird seeing he and HHH together on-screen in 2011.

Smart move putting Austin at the top of the hour.

I like that everyone's getting intros. I'll have my thoughts on the show and competitors in a separate post each week. And yes, Rima Fakih's pretty cute but I'm not going to give her a pass as a wrestler just on that. Awesome that there's someone from NC, too, but she doesn't get a pass just on that either.

Nice use of The Miz to promote Tough Enough. Pro-heel crowd tonight, which could mean that he'll turn face at some point like Orton did. If you appreciate him being heel and want him to stay that way, BOO HIM.

Austin-Miz... is this WWE All-Stars? Miz is killing on the mic here.

No way we were getting a match there. I wish, though.

I guess someone had to get taken out by Austin to make this segment a home run.

And I guess no one on Tough Enough is straight-edge. I like the set-up for Tough Enough.

This man's supposed to be World Champion. It was his destiny! Seriously, though, I expected this to be Sin Cara's debut because it seems like such a natural opponent for him.

Del Rio for getting the title at Extreme Rules, please? Great showing here.

I cracked up at the DX Axxess segment.

More Tough Enough hype with the Trish appearance. Hey, might as well use her since she's there.

Sheamus' ring gear was certainly unexpected.

Nice U.S. Title match.

And here's our Sin Cara appearance. Nice moves.

They're going down to the wire on this show. Tough Enough was scheduled for 11:05!

If we don't get a match out of this, there are going to be some seriously mad fans.

Cena vs. Rock at WM28? Why do I feel this won't end up happening then? I'll be psyched if it does, though.

I told you Slater's the designated guy to get beat up in The Corre.

Great ending to the show. Next up, Tough Enough thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment