Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NXT thoughts- 4/5/11

We're another week into NXT. Six hopefuls try to impress us and the judges and earn a place on the next season. Who will get one step closer to redemption tonight? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it airs.
"The very lovely Matt Striker and Maryse"... I probably would have worded that differently.

They didn't waste time with intros this week.

Trivia time! Let's see who doesn't know enough to be here.

Easy mode this week, I suppose.

Glad that Kozlov is selling the attack from Axxess, and glad that Novak changed his attire.

Not bad from these two. Novak's definitely stepped his game up from last season, but again, he has a way to go to stand out enough to win this competition. There are plenty of average wrestlers out there

Was Maryse yelling against DiBiase or Tatsu? It was kind of hard to tell. At least they're acknowledging that relationship now.

This show should have started with a recap of the previous weeks, given how WrestleMania and Tough Enough overshadowed it big time.

I haven't heard Sunny cut a promo in a long time so I don't know if that was her speaking in character or as Tammy.

JTG's right about needing more than just wins. Appropriate coming after the HBK video. I couldn't understand Kozlov for the life of me.

I wonder how big Big Show's parents are.

Chavo vs. Hornswoggle again. A lot of people hated that feud understandably.

Another "not bad" showing from the rookies, which is what this show is about. I still don't like the dog barking, but Titus is noticeably better in the ring than he was in Season 2.

That Cena-Rock standoff is still big the next night. Glad we're seeing it again, even though the rookies could certainly use some TV time. I'm not really complaining though.

I love how Regal pronounces "Tatsu" and "legendary", but that's another story. Grisham's particularly goofy tonight.

DiBiase could use a reboot. As someone joked online, he couldn't have been buried by Triple H a few weeks back,because he was already as low as he could get.

I'm guessing Maryse picks NXT, and ends up with either Tatsu or Cannon. Hey, they need something to fill the show storyline-wise.

That's all for my thoughts on this week's show. Maybe one day someone will actually be eliminated so I can start rankings and tier lists. I'll be back for thoughts on Superstars and Impact on Thursday, and a news post will be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment