Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Raw thoughts- 4/25/11

It's draft night in the WWE. Who's going to Raw? Who's going to Smackdown? Also, tonight's the final Raw before Extreme Rules. Who will stake their claim to the WWE Championship? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens, and see my thoughts on who went where in the other column.

I probably would have saved the Battle Royal for the last match, but that's me.

I guess we're supposed to believe that the Raw wrestlers want to prove themselves to Smackdown and vice versa and welcome more competition. Realistically, you'd think that heels would want someone sent to the other show.

Michael Cole's technically a member of the Raw roster. I guess "WWE management" or the "Board of Directors" or whomever lets him be on both shows in kayfabe.

I just noticed that the crowd is lit in red AND blue. That's pretty cool.

Having to promote the draft and a PPV in 6 nights is silly.

I was expecting Ryan to deck Bourne or something. I guess heel vs. face doesn't count much tonight. "They're putting it aside for brand loyalty".

So much for Mason going over. I see Kofi or Show being drafted now.

Good promo by Cena.

I love the Cole Mine tonight. What a doofus.

The nerve of WWE for showing that smoking segment again. Don't they know that England frowns upon such things? BAN IT FROM TV FOREVER.

Glad he didn't come out to his normal song. He needs something more heelish.

R-Truth's got some good back-and-forth with the crowd here. I like this promo.

This is some funny stuff.

I can't believe I'm seeing R-Truth doing a pretty good job as a close-to-top level heel. This isn't really the same guy who used to be K-Kwik is it?

I'm going to be disappointed if Morrison and Truth get split up in the draft (unless they still get to face off at some point).

Never shall the God of Thunder relent!

Man, Kharma's a b-tch. There, I made the joke.

I don't think I've ever seen a shirt worn quite like Layla did there.

This should so be a 3-hour show. Unless they're not going to draft many people.

I wasn't crazy about this segment until the brawl between LayCool members. And that was weird in its own right.

We're actually getting Cole vs. JR. Talk about bowling-shoe ugly.

I liked Rhodes' promo. I think it'll still be a while before he goes too high up the card, but he's improving.

So we have the annual Draft, a PPV, and The Rock within the span of a week? So much for pacing themselves.

Sheamus and Kofi could use some help post-Draft.

It just dawned on me that Cole doesn't (presumably) have entrance music.

I wonder what JR's finisher is. I'd guess an Oklahoma Slam or Oklahoma Roll.

Where has this Cole been all these years?

You don't wear JR's hat. That's like tugging Superman's cape.

How many matches have Cole and JR had between them?

Who does Cole think he is, R-Truth?

People don't get busted open in WWE anymore, Booker.

This went on too long, I think. Mainly for a show that has so much else that needs to get done tonight.

I'm ready for this to end on Sunday.

He's gettin' whipped like a government mule! By God he's got a family! I miss JR on commentary.

I thought King got to name the stipulation?

Scott Stanford sighting! He looks like a skinnier version of the Origami Killer.

It took me a minute to realize who Orton was facing.

A 2004 Draft reference? Holy crap.

Ziggler winning there would have been a big shock.

Seriously, this is being interrupted too?

Hopefully WWE realizes now that promoting a PPV and Draft on the same night's not a good idea. Too much happening here.

I like the idea for the main event.

That movie looks bad. Where are the explosions? I kid.

Ryder or Riot sign! I like it. He does = YouTube views after all.

Didn't see that one coming.

And that's that. I'll be back for NXT tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment