Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2011 WWE Supplemental Draft thoughts

The WWE draft is kind of like moving: The first trip you want to take most of the major stuff, and then in subsequent trips you want to take everything else you want to bring to the new house. And I guess sometimes you bring something on the first trip and then put it back before you start the second trip? It's complicated. Anyway, read on for my thoughts on the second part of WWE's annual "moving a bunch of people around" as it happens.

Bryan could get a nice new start on Smackdown. I like him. I don't think he's top-tier material, but I think there's something there if they use him right. I'm interested to see what they can do with him on the blue brand.

Hopefully Swagger doesn't get lost in the shuffle on Raw. They've really got something with him if they use him right. WWE in general could use a boost, and this move could help freshen both him and the show up.

Khali should be used in a role that helps other talents get over. He's definitely marketable, and should be used to help build some new stars instead of squash people on Superstars in matches with little-to-no meaning.

Like Jimmy Uso! Nice timing, WWE. If Jey doesn't get moved, too, I see some trouble brewing. One or both could end up back in FCW or future endeavored.

Kelly Kelly could definitely work as a face on Raw. She's very umm... TV friendly if you catch my drift. I see her facing Kharma sooner rather than later.

I guess JTG will job to Raw superstars now? Talk about a talent in jeopardy of getting cut unless Raw finds something to do with him. If they do cut him, at least have him put over R-Truth on the way out.

How many times has Alicia switched shows now? Maybe Smackdown can do something with her, possibly in the Laycool angle. Alicool... McFox... ok the name needs work but I can see her being the "new Layla" to rub it in the ex-partner's face. Hopefully Melina gets switched too so they can continue the feud of the decade.

Here's where they need to use what's left of Regal's career helping new stars. So far, this is looking like a pretty good shake-up.

Tatsu could also use some freshening up (new opponents, etc). I think this switch will make or break him. Either he gets over when booked right or he gets buried/cut at some point.

They can either use McIntyre pretty well or he'll get lost in the midcard shuffle. He's another one of those guys who has potential, but they have to figure out what to do with it.

Not much to say about Natalya moving to Smackdown. The division does need a boost there.

Curt Hawkins vs. JTG on the Raw side of Superstars now I guess. I don't know what they'll do with him, unless he teams back with Zack Ryder. That'd be pretty strange given their current gimmicks, but it could end up working. If Generation Me are the "future Hardy Boys", Hawkins and Ryder are the "future Edge (Hawkins) and Christian (Ryder)".

Masters to Raw... meh. I like him ok, but I'm stumped as to where his career goes from here.

The Usos on Smackdown... maybe this will help the tag team division. Or, you know, they'll lose to Khali and/or Mark Henry on a different brand.

Kofi Kingston keeps knocking on the door of the main event level. This will either put him back in U.S. Title contention or he'll keep inching towards that brass ring.

DiBiase better thank his lucky stars that he got moved to Smackdown, where they might actually use him decently. I was getting worried.

I think Kidd could surprise some people by stepping things up on Smackdown. He has talent for sure.

Tamina comes with The Usos and hey, maybe she'll wrestle Divas more now.

I think they're taking a chance moving Reks. Hopefully it pays off. He wasn't doing much on Smackdown. I guess we'll get Reks vs. JTG and/or Masters with different commentators now.

Riley has potential. I like him and hope he does good things on Smackdown.

I'm curious and interested as to what happens with Beth on Raw.

Sheamus is another guy I hope gets used right on his new show. Main event heel push, please. I wonder what this means for the U.S. Title. I'd have him lose it to Kofi on Smackdown to take it to Raw, but that's me.

That's all for this big draft. I like most of these choices. Hopefully this gives WWE a nice shake-up and we get some fresh blood used better on both shows. I have another news post upcoming tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment