Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NXT Thoughts- 5/24/11

Yep, it still airs. And this season's still going. Five FCW regulars continue on their quest to make it to the next season of the show, where they can choose any pro they'd like as they compete for a WWE contract. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Well hey, that's something different. I'm interested in how that no-DQ match goes.

Could the crowd be any less into the appearance of Byron Saxton? I wonder how many people in the audience know who the NXT rookies are.

Good thing Maryse isn't being evaluated on this show. Her promo skills leave something to desire.

I guess Maryse is like NXT's GM or something?

So, the heel team of Kidd and Cannon take on the heel Byron Saxton. I guess we just cheer for Yoshi here.

I wonder how many weeks we have left on this show (based on the fact that they're having 2 eliminations in a span of 3 weeks).

Who didn't see that non-tag coming?

I think next week might be the last we see of Byron Saxton this season.

Nice selling of the car crash. If it was legit, it would warrant this much attention. Heck, it's warrant more.

Good that all of the rookies are wrestling this week.

You'd think Hornswoggle would be claustrophobic after last week, but hiding works, too.

I'd love to know the vote totals for the rookies this season, given how low this show (presumably) is on wrestling fans' radars.

I'm assuming that TV that Hornswoggle is watching is somehow connected to the Internet.

Titus seems like he's improving.

It makes you wonder why Chavo didn't just doubleteam him from the start.

I guess Hornswoggle's having some kind of war flashbacks?

I don't think Samurai have war paint?

Fine ending to the show.

On to my rankings:

Top Tier:
1. Titus O'Neil (Last week:1)- I think Titus really stepped away from the pack this week, and this is coming from someone who had him in the bottom tier in Season 2 (before I had any kind of blog). He's impressive and I think he's on the right path to eventually becoming a WWE superstar. He still needs work on the mic and in the ring, but he's growing in my eyes.

2. Darren Young (Last week:3)- The switch of Lucky and Darren is partially because of Darren impressing more than he has in the past, and partially because of Lucky not impressing me as much. Darren still has some kinks to work out, but I think he's improving. He just needs to stay on that path to stay in the top tier. It would take a good amount of effort to overtake O'Neil as my pick to win.

3. Lucky Cannon (Last week:2)- In the early weeks of the season, Lucky was someone I really looked forward to seeing each week (well, you know, by NXT standards). He had something interesting and I wanted to see what he'd do with it. I'm very surprised with how he's fallen down the ladder. If it wasn't for how much I enjoyed him in the past, I'm not so sure he'd even be in the top tier this week. He needs to step it up if he wants to win my vote.

Middle Tier:
4. Conor O'Brien (Last week:4)- I'm kind of iffy on O'Brien. I think he has some good potential in his more serious role, but not enough for me to put him on the "future WWE superstars" or "who to watch" list. Yet. He's definitely better than he was last season, so maybe in time he'll earn a spot on Raw or Smackdown.

Bottom Tier:
5. Byron Saxton (Last week:5)- I think I've officially had my fill of Saxton after this week. I don't think he has much left in the tank as far as improving and moving up the ladder. It would be best to cut him next week and send him back to FCW for improvement, barring some big turnaround next week or someone screwing up pretty badly. It felt like he was trying too hard this week, and that really soured me on him. Or maybe it's just without Novak to affect the "curve" he didn't look nearly as impressive. Not sure. Either way, he's my current preferred pick to be eliminated.

That's all for this week's NXT. I'll be back on Thursday for Superstars and Impact Wrestling, and there will be a news post up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment