Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Raw thoughts- 5/9/11

We're 13 nights from Over The Limit, and this week we have to get back to building up things for PPV and future shows. Who will make their mark on the road to next Sunday's event? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens!

Everything's backwards with the setup! That always messes with me.

More King-Cole back and forth. I'm really tired of this and hope it ends soon.

I'd be surprised if Cena faced Del Rio with only 2 weeks of build.

Cena vs. Rey vs. Del Rio would also be surprising.

As would a Fatal 4 Way. With 13 days to build a show, it seems like we'll just get rehashes of feuds already in place. Cena vs. Miz and Rey vs. Del Rio would be my picks in kind of a "hold the fort" PPV. Oh, I guess Cena vs. Miz vs. R-Truth would work too (Morrison's injured).

I really like heel Truth so far.

If WWE was feeling particularly short-sighted, they could do a 6-pack challenge with Cena, Miz, Rey, Del Rio, Truth, and Alex Riley.

I wonder what that means for R-Truth at Over The Limit. I don't know how long Morrison's going to be put on the shelf for injury.

Mayhem indeed.

Kharma could probably destroy both Bellas without a hassle.

I was waiting for when this would happen.

Good facial expressions from everyone selling Kharma's arrival.

Kharma's just going to destroy everyone I take it. That's great for her, but what does it mean for the drawing power of Maryse, Alicia, and Eve to be taken out so easily?

Wow, didn't expect them to do Kane/Mason 1-on-1 this soon. I would have thought they'd continue tag matches for a while.

What's the end game here? Some kind of multiple-team match/ gauntlet with Kane/Show, Nexus, and Corre?

I don't know about improved Ziggler, at least as far his look setting him apart.

Ziggler's lost in the shuffle I think, but this was nice for him. Maybe he's in a tag match against Koztino next Sunday. At least then they'd be doing something with him.

50 minutes into Raw and no John Cena? That seems rare.

They better have a heck of a follow-up to that angle on Smackdown. Christian fans could riot otherwise.

R-Truth's right on the line between genius and insanity.

Ryder cameo! He's going places...

My guess is that Riley will do Smackdown full-time if/when he splits from Miz.

Wasn't Cena already on his way to the ring when we went to commercial?

Riley's a solid promo. It sounds like he has a background in Drama or something.

At least he isn't getting beaten in 2-3 moves. A good showing here would be great for his career.

If Miz gets Riley an upset win, that would really add fuel to the feud.

But nope. Presumably they're going to try to build Cena up to Rock's level with big, dominant wins all year. That's great for Cena and the Mania main event, but doesn't bode well for everyone else.

This is even sadder than Edge's retirement! Don't do it, Cole!

That's 2 Ryder signs I've seen tonight. Well, two sets.

Heel Cole is hilarious... until he brings up Lawler's mother. That's pretty low.

I think they call this PPV "Over The Limit" because it's a reference to how long you can keep feuds fresh. Cole-Lawler is definitely in this territory.

Kofi's another guy I'm worried about being stuck in the shuffle. He was close to World Title level for a while on Smackdown.

I'm ok with that ending. The tie thing was a little silly, though, in practice. I wonder what they'd do if he tried to choke him with it. Wait...

Nunzio sighting!

Please wrap this up next Sunday.

Something tells me the lead girl in That's What I Am is older than who she plays. From the sound of her voice anyway.

Update: she's 11. Looks a little older to me, but I'm not really an expert on such things.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Only Ricardo can introduce Del Rio!

No Cena on commentary? I'm shocked.

Another Ryder sign! WWE confiscating them's only making people want to bring them more.

Barring a change on Impact, TNA's next PPV will be headlined by the 40-year-old RVD and 52-year-old Sting. The eldest between these 3 guys and Cena? Rey Mysterio... at 36.

I know there was a rumor at some point where WWE commentators couldn't refer to the referees by name. I don't know how legitimate it was, but it's interesting that King just did so.

This has been a pretty good match.

That was the best ending given that Cena already had an issue with Miz and didn't with Rey or Del Rio.

This would have been a lot cooler if the arena for Over The Limit hadn't already spoiled  what the match would be. I'm ok with it either way.

If R-Truth is going to face Rey, where's Del Rio end up? The heel turn's been a nice boost in the arm for Truth, and I'm curious where they'll go with it from here.

That's all for this week. I'll be back tomorrow for NXT. A news post will be up later tonight as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment