Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

TNA Sacrifice thoughts

TNA's got another PPV tonight. How well will it go? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Welp, I guess we're back to Moore and Neal having issues. It seemed like they kind of threw that one away for the last 2 weeks.

I loved the Jarretts' segment, although I think the "wrestling" talk's being kind of overdone. It fits the new direction, though. Will it be the Impact Wrestling Zone now?

Pretty much what I would have done with Kendrick and Robbie E, though the meditation and Kendrick's promos are a little too "out there" for me. They worked with it well, though, especially with the robe.

A little too much shenanigans-wise in the Knockouts' Title match. All in all, I'm ok with it as long as the whole show doesn't turn into a bunch of stuff like that. Having multiple ref bumps in one match isn't really necessary, though maybe they're thinking "hey, we're trying to be more realistic here, and that bump wouldn't have taken him out long enough for the ending". I think at this point, the whole "refs are fragile" thing has been pretty much accepted as part of the "suspending your disbelief" act. I don't see a reason to change it. The wrestlers are supposed to be larger than life, which is why they beat "jobbers" and plants so easily.

Oh snap, did Storm just reference the "Best of Braden Walker" DVD? Google it if you aren't aware of such an awesome video.

I had my doubts about Kazarian and Buck, but they mostly pulled it off. Maybe a little spot heavy, though. If you build your offense around "look how much cool stuff I can do", eventually we see it all and move on to something/someone else. Using some spots to differentiate yourself, applied strategically in a match (see Rey Mysterio) works a lot better.

I've actually swallowed a tooth once (on accident); I wouldn't exactly call it delicious.

They did pretty well with Abyss vs. Crimson. Props for the clean finish, but I wonder how Joe fits into the equation going forward?

Damned solid Tag Title match, despite Chris Harris' condition. I particularly liked the ending. TNA's mostly on the ball tonight. Let me guess, that'll jinx it.

Bully Ray's a great heel. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I'll hand it to him: Dreamer delivered in this match. Everything was done pretty well.

Not a bad mixed tag. Jeff and Kurt are magic in the ring as always. Age in of itself doesn't matter quite as much as a lot of people think it does sometimes.

TNA... put on a good PPV? That was mostly based on wrestling and not a lot of crazy endings? Could it really be? That's insane! Bravo. Please keep the momentum going in the weeks and months to come.

That's all for this event. I'll be back for Tough Enough and Raw tomorrow. A news post will be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment