Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 1, 2011

New 2nd generation FCW signee, new UWF talents, Trish vs. Molly as a TE trainer, favorite arenas, memorable live match, and theme music, Stevie Richards interview, and more WWE stock news

Not much news from Saturday. I half considered holding out and combining this with tomorrow's post, but I like the "daily" news post idea, so I'll keep it as is.

WWE has signed Jesse White, son of former WCW Champion (Big Van) Vader. He has a background wrestling in Japan; he even teamed with his father there once. He had a tryout in Tampa before being signed.

A team known as the "Dirty Rotten Scoundrelz", EC Negro and KC Blade, have been booked for the debut PPV for the Urban Wrestling Federation and signed to contracts there. I think I'll keep doing news on the UWF until the June PPV, and then if they don't get a TV deal, I'll stop.

After the break, I look at PWInsider.com's questions for the day. First up, who would make a better Tough Enough trainer, Trish Stratus or Molly Holly?

Molly isn't really involved in the business anymore as far as I know, and you have to be willing to be a trainer to be one. Also Trish was more successful during her career, and they were going for name value. If you take that out of the picture, one thing that Trish brings to the table is her yoga background. I think that would be very valuable during training to be a wrestler. On another note, it is pretty weird that that person used her real name every time they sent in a question about her. There's only one Molly Holly in the business that I know of!

I don't have enough experience to answer #2. I can only think of 2-3 arenas I've actually seen wrestling in. Not that I'm not a fan of live wrestling by any stretch! I guess I'd have to go with the Greensboro Coliseum. I don't have much to compare it to, but it's a nice place.

The most memorable match I've seen live... I remember seeing Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit as part of a 6-man tag a few months before Eddie died. So yeah, that'll stick with me. One of the first matches I saw live (at least main event wise) was Mankind vs. Stone Cold vs. Kane vs. The Undertaker in a cage match for the WWF Championship. As a young fan, seeing those guys live (even needing binoculars to get a good view) was pretty awesome.

Nothing really to say about #4, since it doesn't really apply to me. I did send something in to PWInsider.com once that got featured (about a championship milestone), but I just happened to be the first one to notify them. I realize all these questions were asked to someone else, so they don't apply to me, but given how slow a news day it is AND that I enjoy answering the questions, I comment on them.

For #5, it all depended on what kind of character I was playing. I'd like something brooding and maybe instrumental off the top of my head.

Anyway, moving to actual news. Stevie Richards was interviewed on a number of topics. TNA seems to have schizophrenia for a changing mind at times with a lot of talent.

I liked his Best Buy metaphor, and a RTC reunion would be pretty cool. Maybe they can mock GLAAD or the anti-smoking activist or something? Nah, WWE wouldn't go for it. Not to mention that the writer he mentioned is (as far as I know) still the head guy on Raw.

Finally, here's a post covering the fallout and reaction to WWE's latest stock moves.

Told you it was a short news day. I'll have more tomorrow, including a preview of Extreme Rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment