Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 5/20/11

We're two nights away from Over The Limit. Will Christian be able to get back the World Title then or will the Age of Orton continue on Smackdown? Read on for my thoughts on tonight's show as it happens.
They're pretty much jumping right into the action tonight. I'm cool with that.

I liked Sheamus' promo.

Looking forward to the next Tough Enough.

It's hard to focus on this match/show with what happened today. That being said, it's good.

This would make an awesome World Title feud.

Nice match all around.

So much for making sure Christian's 100%!

Cool video package on Cena's past I Quit matches and Miz's WWE history.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of stupid to be advertising an I Quit match with a song going "Help is on the way!"?

What's the over/under on how long Kelly vs. Brie lasts before Kharma runs in?

And now you know why the Bellas don't cut many promos. Ouch.

Wow, that went longer than I expected. And Brie won clean? Didn't see that happening either.

So-so promo from Ezekiel. He comes across pretty awkward in his delivery. He needs to keep it short and sweet or get a mouthpiece.

I was wondering when Long would run out and make a match. Why would Kane and Show trust Zeke though? Just because The Corre dropped him, he still took them on numerous times.

I'm surprised they had Wade and Ezekiel go at it, even briefly.

I like the multiple bodyslams spot by Ezekiel.

Zeke looked pretty good here. Should be interesting on Sunday.

I'm liking Chavo in this program.

This is a hell of a match!

That was awesome. Good psychology and the match told a good story.

Haha, Sin Cara even gets the trampoline entrance for a run-in!

Chavo's still got it if this match was any indication. The match with Sin Cara on Sunday should be pretty good.

Wait, what? Weren't these guys feuding last week? Why are they coming out together?

This stuff with DiBiase is weird.

This is either "Defeat means friendship" or Cody Rhodes has been watching Winter in TNA.

Barreta's on TV!

Not a bad match.

I'm not sure if I'd rather see Punk and Mason Ryan as tag champs or DiBiase and Rhodes. I'm leaning towards the latter now.

I like them putting the bag on Barreta's head. I know the Beautiful People did it in TNA, but this didn't come across like they were copying that angle.

Yeah, we know where this one's headed. Poor Rikishi Jr..

I wish I knew Farsi.

Whatever he said must have worked. I don't have any problem whatsoever with how little offense Jey got in. This served its purpose.

I thought that was Ranjin he chopped at first. It was Jimmy Uso, the other Rikishi Jr..

I'm very interested in where this goes from here.

Nice promo from Orton.

They're doing a good job getting Orton and Henry over going into the main event. This should feel like a big match.

They're telling a good story with this match.

I much prefer this version of Mark Henry. He could be a World Title contender the way he's working here.

Interesting that they're doing so much with Henry and Sheamus since neither are on the card on Sunday.

Nice job with Christian impersonating Orton.

Goofy Orton celebrating? Didn't see that one coming.

NO RKO? Wow.

That's all for Smackdown. News posts incoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment