Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Raw thoughts- 5/30/11

WWE continues on the road to Capitol Punishment tonight. Who will compete for the WWE Title then? Also tonight, we get the fallout from The Miz firing Alex Riley and Big Show getting hit by a car; and we finally hear from Kharma! All this and more on Raw. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

I echo their sentiments on the military.

That looked like it would have been an awesome opener if we didn't have technical difficulties...

I bet WWE management caused those difficulties to keep R-Truth down.

Entertaining start to Raw, difficulties aside.

A straightjacket match (where you win by putting your opponent in a straightjacket) would be kind of cool, actually. Not for a WWE Title match, though.

Thankfully Dolph has his blond hair again. He looked pretty generic without it.

I like both of these guys. Hopefully they don't get lost in the shuffle after this feud.

It's pretty weird having King and Cole on good terms, again. At least have a third person between them for a while. These two hated each other just, what 2 weeks ago? They explained it, but it's stretching disbelief a bit.

I thought they were going to back to Dolph winning via sleeper hold there for a second.

Fine match. Dolph's not too far gone to where some nice showings can't keep him credible.

I'm looking forward to where they go with Miz and Riley. I have my fingers crossed though, because it could end up going either way.

I'll be somewhat surprised if we actually get Cena vs. R-Truth tonight without it turning into something that sets up a future match.

That car's all kinds of awesome.

Glad Del Rio stopped and let the crowd boo him a bit before he started.

If they didn't already lose to McGillitunga, I'd be thinking that Del Rio would get a partner (maybe even Ricardo) to take the titles from Big Show.

For the record, WWE overdid the camera effects last week during this angle. It didn't look very realistic. Not TNA camerawork unrealistic, but it was definitely off.

I love the heel move of Del Rio wanting Show to pay for the damages to the car. There's unsympathetic, then there's downright cold.

I guess this next match is to set up Kharma's promo. It's kind of sad when the matches feel like they're just going to kill time before she comes to the ring.

Nunzio again. Damnit. He's not a bad referee, but he distracts me from what's going on between the wrestlers, which is exactly what you don't referees to do. (And yes, I use wrestlers instead of entertainers, but it's mainly out of habit. Not to "stick it to WWE" or anything.)

Did she really just do a stinkface? That was stupid.

Not a bad match. Nothing phenomenal, though.

Kharma creeps me out, which is hilarious because she's supposedly pretty nice in real life.

Glad that Cole's still heel enough to go after Riley for attacking Miz.

I'm glad that WWE appreciates Memorial Day, but I really don't care about seeing cookouts and the like.

But... Riley got drafted to Smackdown. I'm confused. Even I can't come up with a good explanation for this one.

Wow, he's getting a nice face reaction!

I think we should get A-Ri vs. Cole on one of the 3-hour Raws leading to Capitol Punishment.

Cole is awesome in this segment.

This wasn't bad. Riley should get more mic time, though, as this was more about Miz and Cole than him.

Then again, that flamingo pink shirt's pretty much guaranteed to get attention.

Gory Special on Rey? Awesome.

Punk's great. That figure-4 neck lock's pretty cool. I really hope this guy sticks around, or at least isn't gone indefinitely. Recharging his battery I'm fine with, but if WWE's not properly appreciating him, that's a potentially big mistake.

This match is pretty solid.

New Nexus might have something left in it after all. All four of them are still pretty young, but the association of the other members with Punk has done a good job. Punk's in that unique position of presumably still having quite a bit of gas in his tank (at 33), and simultaneously being an experienced in-ring veteran.


That's not how I'd picture the Kharma character sounding.

This promo's pretty much based on fact.

Wow, that was... interesting. Face turn for Kharma? They were in a difficult situation with what to do with her.

It's unfortunate that Kharma has to take so much time off, but such is life. I hope the pregnancy goes well for her.

If WWE can build up the Divas' Division during the time Kharma's off, we could be in for some even better clashes when she comes back. Another year of experience for everyone? A potentially large silver lining for this cloud.

Not a bad match. 

Glad we're seeing commercials for Smackdown.

R-Truth should attack Cena's friend Zack Ryder and turn him face. That'd be unfortunate for Curt Hawkins, though, unless Kozlov turned heel to balance it out or something. Or they could just have Hawkins team with Primo as people who have been overlooked? Just throwing stuff out here. I like Plan B better.

Kind of a lackluster match, but they had to do something to avoid giving a potential PPV main event away I suppose.

I liked the angle with "Little Jimmy's dad", though as an ending for Raw this felt kind of flat.

WWE's mostly on the ball these days. I liked this show for the most part.

That's all for this episode. I'll be back tomorrow for NXT and there will be a news post up later. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment