Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NXT Thoughts- 5/3/11

Tonight we continue the (mis?)adventures of 6 WWE developmental talents trying to earn a shot at... earning a shot at becoming the next WWE breakout star on the next season of NXT. Also, William Regal steps into the ring to take on Jacob Novak. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens!

Seriously, what percentage of fans watching this show didn't see Raw?

Clash of the Titus? I'm down with that.

So, wait, are Chavo and Hornswoggle friends now or what?

At least the rookies get some experience working this show. These crowds are significantly larger than what they get in FCW.

Also, it keeps some of the pros working.

Titus isn't as bad on the mic now. He's still not what I'd consider good, but I guess he's improving.

So-so match (excluding Hornswoggle). Darren needs some work in fluidity (and on the mic), but this was a pretty long match by NXT standards.

Chavo and Hornswoggle have the same finisher. How did I just notice that?

I was expecting the board to knock him out. That was ok I guess.

If I hear "I'll go to the papers if I have to" one more time, I'm liable to hit my own head on some boards.

I think O'Brien could do well in time as a bruising brawler.

Good that Maryse is selling the injury.

Supposedly Striker's in the doghouse, hence the remark by Grisham? Nothing concrete on that story, just gossip.

Jacob Novak reminds me of the Slam Master J gimmick not too long ago. JTG's trying hard it seems.

Regal as a face is kind of weird after seeing him heel it up all these years.

The crowd reaction to JTG and Regal facing off was pretty weak.

Seems like they had a lot of time to kill this week, and for whatever reason didn't do a challenge.

That match kind of dragged. At least Novak got something out of it when it finally ended.

I guess next week this'll get turned into a tag match or something so it will never get settled ever.

The main event this week is a Raw video package! Yay! It was pretty well put together.

That's that. I'll be back on Thursday for Superstars and Impact, and I'll have a news post up after midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment