Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 9/10/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's edition of Impact Wrestling.

That's a big opening for Melendez. They're already really behind him.

That was a fine first match for where Melendez is, training-wise. I don't necessarily think it's too early for him to be working TV. I hope he continues to learn and grow.

Pretty good six-man segment. Roode vs. Lashley should be pretty great.

I really liked the six-man match. I'm hyped for the title match next week, though I wonder who will challenge for the gold at BFG.

Interesting enough segment with Gunner and Brittany. Poor Brittany's got her work cut out for her with the angles she's had to be in so far.

Blehhhhh. Not that great of a match, but some of that has to do with the gimmick involved. I think there's definitely a case to be made of it being inappropriate for a babyface to force a woman to kiss him, too.

I don't anticipate Angle getting in the ring with EC3 right now, but it could happen.

Nice Team 3D promo. I'm curious to see what TNA will do with the tag team title picture going forward.

It's not 100% we'll see the blowoff to Angle vs. EC3 given Angle's current contract status. EC3 vs. Rhino at BFG (or EC3 and Spud vs. Rhino and Dreamer or something like that) seems more likely.

Pretty good stuff between EC3 and Rhino. I like them building up EC3 as not needing Spud to win matches. I hope his push continues.

Interesting Knockouts segment. I'm curious to see if we end up with Angelina vs. Velvet, or if Velvet just leaves like Bully. I like how Havok's being built as a threat at any rate.

Nice Storm segment. I'm fine with Manik going in a new direction if it sells merch. Theoretically they can have yet another new person under the current mask if TJ Perkins denounces the persona.

Gail vs. Havok should be pretty good.

Nice tag match. I like the idea of the veteran Storm leading a faction. I can easily see Aries standing tall alongside Muta and Tajiri at BFG, though.

Pretty cool Gail/Havok segment. That should be quite the encounter.

I think the story here is to set up The Wolves coming from behind to get the win in the series, but it doesn't look too good for them to take these losses from the visiting teams.

A ladder match should be pretty fun from a bumps perspective. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment