Total Pageviews

Friday, September 12, 2014

Superstars and NXT Takeover Reax - 9/11/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and NXT special.

Superstars:
That was honestly a better match than I anticipated from Naomi and Summer Rae. Both have shown they can have impressive performances when they're allowed to, so I really shouldn't be surprised. Good work.

I was really impressed by Sin Cara vs. Justin Gabriel. Both can deliver in the ring when given a chance, but neither really has the mic skills to get far. It's a shame, because a lot of people are missing some great work by not watching WWE's secondary shows.

NXT Takeover:
Pretty impressive opening tag match. I hope this means we're in for The Ascension on the main roster soon. I also hope this means we're in for more from Kalisto as he continues to be groomed as a future call-up himself.

I'm ready for the reign of the Lucha Dragons. There's a big opportunity to make the most of these two. I'm looking forward to seeing more of what Kalisto brings to the table.

Really good Neville promo. He's coming along in that regard, and I hope the sky really is the limit with him. A lot of people are hoping for big things, and I think he has that potential.

Corbin's gonna kill you. Corbin's gonna kill you. It was pretty cool to see him wreck Parker and make a statement in his first match. We could be in for a new era after Takeover, with new names being pushed.

I like Tyson's heel persona. He's been amazing in NXT. It's a shame we haven't seen this Tyson on the main stage.

Fun little Enzo/Big Cass promo. I wonder if this is a setup for Enzo to end up bald so we see some kind of character change.

Not a bad match for Enzo and Sylvester. I think this was fine for where it was on the card.

Good enough post-match to possibly end the feud.

Fine Tyler Breeze promo. He's definitely someone to watch out for, but I don't think he's quite ready to be brought up in an important role.

Damn! Itami's not playing around challenging two men. I'm a little disappointed Kenta had to get a name change after he was referenced as that name on WWE.com, but that's a small price to pay to see what he's got.

Definitely not surprised by that outcome. How long before Bull challenges for the NXT Title?

Good post-match to hammer the point home. Hopefully Bull and Mojo are capable of more than what we've seen so far.

I'm not really sure why Louis is bald now, but it paid off the angle and gives Creative something to play around with.

I was really impressed by Charlotte vs. Bayley. Charlotte's much better than just riding her dad's coattails. I think she could easily be called up in the next year. Give Paige some more time to show what she can do on the main roster, then call up Charlotte once things are in need of a boost. Maybe after WM31 to mirror Paige's debut? Bayley's also got potential and is getting closer to being on the short list of who I think should be brought up.

Face turn by Charlotte? I was thinking it's a little early for Charlotte vs. Sasha, but it could be a good feud and Sasha works well as a heel.

Sami's a pretty good promo, all things considered. When will we see this man be brought up?

I'm looking forward to Itami wrecking someone next week.

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY WHAT A MATCH. They might have went a LITTLE on the indie side as far as how many big moves they did, but everyone involved really delivered. I'm very impressed with all four. Neville as a heel is an interesting idea. I'm willing to see how it works out and hope he hits a home run with it. Neville vs. Zayn for the belt would be a good final feud for Zayn before getting called up.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment