Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Raw Reax - 9/1/14

Read on for my thoughts on Monday's Raw.

Quite the opening segment! One read of this is to set up feuds for when Brock's not around. But maybe Cena is hurt enough for WWE to add other players to the mix.

I mostly liked the opening tag match. Miz's gimmick is growing on me. I'm not too crazy about Sandow's role in it, but I think it can work out. Ultimately this was about building to Night of Champions, and it succeeded on that level.

Oh, no. Looks like we're in for a lot of Bellas stuff on this show. I hope WWE gets what they want out of it.

Thank goodness the Divas match was short. That could have been really clunky.

The whole Divas segment felt like filler. They should have used it somewhere else on the show.

At least Rusev made a mark in that match. It wasn't amazing. I don't want to rag on Henry and Show too much, but they only have so much gas left in the tank. Henry might still have one big angle in him (as seen with the Cena feud), but I think Show's pretty much done all he can do as a wrestler. Hopefully working with him is a good experience for the up-and-comers.

I really hope that post-match isn't leading to Show doing to Harper and Rowan what he did to SES. He should be used in a way that elevates stars like that.

I couldn't care much less about Nikki vs. Brie.

Michael Sam sounds like a name from the FCW days.

Heyman continues to create a lot of hype for his client. This could be a pretty fun title reign.

If the U.S. and IC Champions weren't already faces, I'd suggest Swagger should take one of those titles. Swagger vs. Sheamus could still work, but I don't know if Sheamus should be turned heel to do it.

Bo's character continues to be entertaining. Swagger making him tap should be pretty glorious.

Well, that was goofy. I think we've had enough levity for this show.

I wouldn't mind WWE debuting a talent as Rose's bunny. Obviously not someone like Sami Zayn, but they could probably find someone who could work out in that role who's close enough to being ready to come up but doesn't have much of a gimmick. Maybe CJ Parker or Tye Dillinger?

This Growing Up Bella stuff is kind of silly. Unless Brie's going to show up with a Singapore cane and start wrecking sh*t, I don't want to see any more of them.

Lana's had better promos. It made sense to rag on Labor Day, though.

Rusev's gonna kill you. The domination continues. I like it.

Henry vs. Rusev could be a pretty good "big man" match. Rusev could really get the rub with a win.

Oh, boy. More Bella stuff. I feel like The Authority's going to be around for quite some time. It'll be hard to keep it fresh.

BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Bad segment. I guess there were worse directions to go, but I'm not feeling this angle. A four-way (or whatever) for the Divas' Title's interesting. I'm ready for new things in the division.

I liked Bray's promo and am ready for the cage match. I just wonder what Bray and Jericho are doing at Night of Champions to presumably blow off the feud.

I liked that pre-match well enough.

Good match between Jimmy and Goldust. The tag team title match should be pretty good, too.

Stardust and Goldust aren't playing around! I'm glad the tag titles have meaning.

I hope that segment isn't trying to set up Henry vs. Show. That feud's been pretty much worn into the ground.

Pretty good main event. Everyone worked hard and they meshed well. It was good to see Reigns get the pin instead of Cena.

Good post-match. I wouldn't rule out Rollins cashing in at Night of Champions, but Lesnar vs. Reigns at WM31 for the title is probably more likely.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment