Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Raw Reax - 9/29/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I really liked the opening segment. Brock and the WWE Title are noticeably absent, but the players involved are doing good things. Keep Cena and Kane to a minimum and I'll be happy.

Can we see Ambrose vs. Noble and/or Mercury? That'd be a nice change of pace.

I enjoyed the triple threat match. Ziggler and Cesaro are great workers, and Miz can be effective when put in the right places.

I definitely see Noble and Mercury as the new Stooges based on how this is going so far. That's fine by me, especially if it means we get breaks from HHH, Stephanie, and Kane.

That was a pretty cool segment with Harper and Bray. I'm OK with Harper being a singles star, although Rowan's not that interesting by himself.

Way to bury Miz, and WWE Films in the process. What did that segment really do other than get the authority figure further over?

Layla vs. Rosa was very bleh. The less Total Divas stuff on WWE shows, the better.

Bad post-match, too. I would much rather have had an NXT segment or something here.

I mostly liked the Ambrose/Rollins segment. Ambrose kind of gets too cutesy and insider at times, but that's what's cool to the "smarks".

I liked the backstage Authority segment well enough. HHH no-selling Rollins' humiliation made sense from his past in DX, but I'm not really crazy about it.

Bo just REKT Henry. Damn.

No way! I didn't expect Bo Dallas of all people to beat Mark Henry. I wonder if that's a decision Henry was OK with. I'm sure his time's winding down in WWE, but I didn't think he had fallen that far.

Henry got some heat back, but I don't know if it's enough to make up for the loss. I imagine we'll see a rematch or two.

Goldust and Stardust remain incredibly bizarre, but entertaining.

I'm not hugely into Brie vs. Nikki, but I was mostly OK with that segment. I think I've just accepted a certain level of discontent with the angle.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the Divas' handicap match. Brie's no Trish Stratus, but she's got more experience than her opponents combined. Sad stuff.

The tag match was good enough. I think in some ways they suffered from following Total Divas stuff.

Enjoyable post-match. It doesn't look like The Bunny's going to be revealed as Darren Young, but I like this athleticism from the character.

Bo beating Henry again at Main Event would be a big deal for the former NXT Champion.

Blehhhhhhh. Any segment with Big Show's pretty much guaranteed to be a miss for me these days. I think it was fine as a segment, but Show standing tall over Rusev isn't what I'm into. It's ultimately just setting up Rusev beating Show (hopefully), so there's a silver lining.

I liked the Ambrose/Cena segment well enough, if for no other reason than Cena was minimally involved.

Fine enough match between AJ and Alicia to keep the Paige angle moving. I guess we're in for a triple threat now?

The post-match made sense. I wish this Divas segment got more time and eliminated the one with Layla, Rosa, Natayla, Tyson, and Summer.

I liked Sheamus vs. Sandow well enough as far as putting over the U.S. Champion. I guess we're in for Miz vs. Sheamus, with another big win for the Irishman.

I'm already bored with Hogan again. The nostalgia only goes so far.

Fine Authority segment to potentially set up Orton and/or Kane splitting off. What on earth does Kane do if he's not part of The Authority and doesn't have his mask? His character's running out of turns and reboots.

I can only see Cena match up with Orton and Kane so many times. WWE needs some new main event players.

Nice ending to get heat on The Authority. They're a cohesive unit for now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment